• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Another item regarding TravellerMap....specifically "https://travellermap.com/make/poster"

On WinDoze, I use notepad++ so I can set it to any character set I need...
On l/unix, I use vim, where I can select character sets
If you look at your sector data file in vim, and move the cursor to the troublesome character in Vila’s or Jesedipere’s UWPs and enter the ga command, how does vim identify that character?

If you look at your sector data file in vim, and move the cursor to the troublesome character in Vila’s or Jesedipere’s UWPs and enter the ga command, how does vim identify that character?
Too be entirely honest,
I didn't bother with that level of data management.
I simply went through all the rows of data and manually corrected the "-" character.

I "assume" that I must have introduced the error by cut-paste entering of the specific data rows when I first created the file.
Since I only use it to re-create posters when the borders IMTU change, (which is rare), I am good with a manual fix that resolves the issue over all.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Too be entirely honest,
I didn't bother with that level of data management.
I simply went through all the rows of data and manually corrected the "-" character.

I "assume" that I must have introduced the error by cut-paste entering of the specific data rows when I first created the file.
Since I only use it to re-create posters when the borders IMTU change, (which is rare), I am good with a manual fix that resolves the issue over all.

Thanks for your suggestions!
some of just do that sort of stuff daily...but glad it is resolved!

I just copied the Sector and Metadata files I used to generate my version of the Spinward Marches in 1105 into the Booklet Maker successfully, twice (color on white, color on black).

The booklet maker and the poster maker run the same algorithms, they just yield a different presentation for the information. I suspect that if you have a problem generating output with either that there is an error in coding somewhere in your Sector and/or Metadata files.
Ok. I see. The meta file is where the sector names are stored. I'll see about using that instead of the raw data files I have.

Back