• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

TNE Only: Core Rule Book and BL Space Combat Velocity

snrdg082102

SOC-14 1K
Hello everyone,

I am checking to ensure that I am not out to lunch in my conversion from hours to seconds and kilometers to meters

TNE Core Rule Book page 312 defines Velocity as The speed of a vessel or missile expressed in range bands per combat turn. For reference purposes, a velocity of 1 is equal to a speed of 60,000 kilometers per hour.

Brilliant Lances Rules of Play page 3 define Velocity as The speed of a vessel or missile expressed in hexes per game turn. For reference purposes, a velocity of 1 hex per turn is equal to a speed of 60,000 kilometers per hour.

60,000 km per hour = 60,000 km per 3,600 seconds

A vessel or missile has (rounding to 4 decimal places) a velocity of 16.6667 km per second or (rounding to 2 decimal places) 16,666.67 m per second.

Am I on the right track?

If not can someone please get me on the right track?

Sounds about right. For some reason I always thought the hexes were 30,000km, not 60. But that's likely just me misremembering.

You can always do simple conversions like that on the web. Lots of unit converters out there.

Evening for the Pacific Northwest whartung,

Thank you for the feedback.

Sounds about right. For some reason I always thought the hexes were 30,000km, not 60. But that's likely just me misremembering.

You can always do simple conversions like that on the web. Lots of unit converters out there.

You a correct that a hex is 30,000 km which represents 0.1 light-seconds.

The question I was asking concerned changing velocity in kilometers per hour to meters per second which I may have successfully worked out.

Back