• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Droyne Character Creation...

Not that I'm aware of; Roger implied that it wasn't done yet when he bought DGP.

Would it be much like the other careers and be pretty much CT?
I suspect so. The Droyne might actually benefit from the switch in task systems, since MT doesn't have negative stat DMs like the penalty column for weapons in CT. I think most of the skills from the Alien books are already in baseline MT, since that was rather the point.

Would it be much like the other careers and be pretty much CT?
The big differences between them are a bigger gulf than many realize...
CT has very few cascades; mostly vehicle and weapons skills.
MT is mostly cascades.
MT adds another skill receipt roll, Special Duty
MT adds additional skills for high rolls on position/commission, promotion, and special duty rolls.

MT also has a skill list about 2.5× that of CT Bk 1-3; fully expanded CT canonical is about 1.5× Bk 1-3; when adding the skills from the Kieths' The ___ Environment series, that adds about 8 more, so more like 1.75× core CT.

MT also has a skill list about 2.5× that of CT Bk 1-3; fully expanded CT canonical is about 1.5× Bk 1-3; when adding the skills from the Kieths' The ___ Environment series, that adds about 8 more, so more like 1.75× core CT.
But the CT Droyne book was fairly late in the CT run. How big is the MT skill set compared to the skill set of CT when Droyne was published?

But the CT Droyne book was fairly late in the CT run. How big is the MT skill set compared to the skill set of CT when Droyne was published?
New skills were added through Bk 7; most of them were in JTAS, as well. A few (such as the Science advanced career) never made it to a non-magazine status, but it alone adds half a dozen...
ISTR droyne coming out after Book 7, so it would basically be the fully expanded numbers for books in place. The only new skills I remember (am not checking at the moment) in Droyne are psionic in nature...

Perusing AM5: Droyne for any race specific skills, I find:
  • Appeal: used for inter-caste communications
  • Hunting: from LBB S4
  • Naval Architect: conspicuously missing from LBB5 and only showing up in LBB6 and later publications
  • Prospecting: also from LBB S4
  • Psionics: unique to the Droyne
Everything else skills-wise is pretty standard CT fare.

Back