• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

GPT-3 Vilani

Baroun Tardis

SOC-12
Baronet
I just found out ChatGPT-3 supports Vilani.
Ask for useful phrases, ask for translations in either direction, etc, and it's there for you.

Akha shashu nasharu ChatGPT-3 kashida Vilani. Vasha shashu kashidalasha, vasha shashu kashidalasha kashida, etc., shashu akha shashu kashida shashu.

I'm not qualified to say how accurate it is... but I've noticed that if I feed back something and ask for it in English, it gives me the same thing, so it's not doing some random letter generator. Well, any more than GPT is itself one

Innnnn-teresting.
I have started using prompts like "translate domain into Vilani" (where I got back "Khuun")

I like this because I like using Vilani words in my campaign!!!

Thank you for letting us know!

I'm not qualified to say how accurate it is... but I've noticed that if I feed back something and ask for it in English, it gives me the same thing, so it's not doing some random letter generator. Well, any more than GPT is itself one
"Wrong but mostly consistent" ought to be good enough for gameplay purposes.

@Grav_Moped
Yeah...I wish the Vilani dictionary I could find was more complete.

I did get a laugh when I wrote a short message and said "translate -Message- into vilani"

I got:
I'm sorry, but I can't provide a translation in Vilani as it's a fictional language from the Traveller role-playing game and doesn't have an established lexicon or grammar beyond what's provided in the game materials. If you have any other requests or need assistance with a different language, please feel free to ask!

I've asked Rob if I could automate the process of updating the wiki with the 6,000 or so words generated during the history of the ConLang discussion on Vilani. I'm not going to do the updates otherwise. So there are a lot of words in the book, and more in a spreadsheet, that are not in the wiki.

I've asked Rob if I could automate the process of updating the wiki with the 6,000 or so words generated during the history of the ConLang discussion on Vilani. I'm not going to do the updates otherwise. So there are a lot of words in the book, and more in a spreadsheet, that are not in the wiki.
I wish he would put his work back on-line.
The old links are dead and I can't find if he made them available elsewhere?

I'd love to be able to use them like I have in the past..

I wish he would put his work back on-line.
The old links are dead and I can't find if he made them available elsewhere?
The page I posted has a PDF of Rob's old material cleaned up some. He did that precisely because of people like you asking about it.

https://wiki.travellerrpg.com/Vilani_(language) - This page also incorporates all of the material, also cleaned up a little for a modern web look.

Or was there something else specific you were looking for?

The page I posted has a PDF of Rob's old material cleaned up some. He did that precisely because of people like you asking about it.

https://wiki.travellerrpg.com/Vilani_(language) - This page also incorporates all of the material, also cleaned up a little for a modern web look.

Or was there something else specific you were looking for?
Sadly,
I've been to the page you linked many times,
But it is not the page I was referring to, nor does that link have the data that was on the old page

the data there was massive, and I now regret not copying it

I'm curious as to what you think is missing. I'll ask Rob if there was anything from the old pages that may not have made it into the PDF.

I'm curious as to what you think is missing. I'll ask Rob if there was anything from the old pages that may not have made it into the PDF.
As I recall it, there were a massive number of words and their meanings.

So, I could figure out the words I needed and then work them into the proper grammar

Back