• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Help us decide our next mini ship pack

Interesting options, though I suspect a Lab Ship and the Donosev would look fairly similar in play style, as the Donosev is basically an Earth Sciences and Astrophysics lab ship.

How about a class that hasn't been done to death already?

Travelling Circus Transport Ship (a-la P.T. Barnum's travelling train)?

Ore-transhipment/refuelling semi-mobile asteroid for a belters?

Orbital Fuel Refinery/Chemical works?

Complete Victory Class?

? maybe name it after the vilani science team that first engineered a jump drive (imtu jump is an extension of reactionless maneuver, and that as a consequence of gravity manipulation).

Hi
Am I the only one who sees the one Lab Ship as a Swastika ? Not the Nazi one but a Swastika of another type. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, it just caught my eye.

No, you aren't the only one, and for that reason it's a non-starter.

I appreciate the desire to reclaim and restore the original Buddhist symbol, but this is not the place.

I appreciate the desire to reclaim and restore the original Buddhist symbol

the swastika is a bhuddist symbol? had no idea.

ain't reclaiming anything. wanted a lab ship, drew up some spoke and wheel segments just to get organized, tacked it all into one long drawing but decided that would be unwieldy and wouldn't fit on the board anyway, pasted it all into a compact box format but decided that looked ridiculous and would be awkward in game play, decided to make it as much a wheel as I could so players would get a better feel for the environment, but can't do a wheel in mspaint, settled on a "spiral depiction", noticed it looked swastika-y, decided so what, finished it.

anyway, there's a lab ship if you want one. or if you don't.

it's a non-starter

can always draw your own. everyone here would love to see it, including me.

[m;]Given that the design as drawn is giving offense...[/m;]

and

[m;]Given that the symbols of the 3- and 4-arm schwasticas are hate group symbols[/m;]

and

[m;]Hate speech and hate group symbols are detrimental to the community...[/m;]

[gm;]with the partial exceptions of SSMM, Solomani Party, Ein Givar[/gm;]

[m;]You may reupload after you alter the layout so that it's not a schwastica.[/m;]

I'm puzzled myself. The Lab Ship has one iconic look and two more established in Canon sources (T20 and T4), and the card game really needs to keep its inspirations centered on recognized Traveller ships and other imagery, IMO. It's right there in the name.

I'm puzzled myself. The Lab Ship has one iconic look and two more established in Canon sources (T20 and T4), and the card game really needs to keep its inspirations centered on recognized Traveller ships and other imagery, IMO. It's right there in the name.

I have to admit, at first I was just skimming and the images had already been removed. I was confused because there's nothing Nazi-ish about the Lab Ship in my mind!

But yeah, we'd use the classic ring design.

Back