• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Jovian chronicles/Dream Pod 9

Jovian chronicles/Dream Pod 9

• Total voters
The R. Talsorian guy Mike Pondsmith is another good example of this.

How long have people been waiting for Cyberpunk V3 ten years or so now?

It's been out for 10 years now...
It was announced in 1999, released in 2005.

It's been out for 10 years now...
It was announced in 1999, released in 2005.

After ACK asked that question...

Now the wait is for Mekton Zero.

Mike Pondsmith stepped away from P&P game design for the more stable paycheck of the computer games business after his son (and now fellow game designer) Cody was born. that computer gaming has a more stable paycheck than our hobby should give budding game designers some pause...

As for Jovian Chronicles, I have the original book for Mekton and followed it briefly into its own system, but all the pretty layout and art could not hide a system that was disappointing in too many ways to ever try playing it.

After ACK asked that question...

Now the wait is for Mekton Zero.

Mike Pondsmith stepped away from P&P game design for the more stable paycheck of the computer games business after his son (and now fellow game designer) Cody was born. that computer gaming has a more stable paycheck than our hobby should give budding game designers some pause...

As for Jovian Chronicles, I have the original book for Mekton and followed it briefly into its own system, but all the pretty layout and art could not hide a system that was disappointing in too many ways to ever try playing it.

Mike had little to do with Mekton Zero - and it was cancelled due to translator issues IIRC. Not long after, the website got revamped, and a bunch of material got lost from it. Including the explanation for why MZ got dropped.

Anyway, it was cancelled and announced as such.

First run in with this whole Jovian Chronicles thing. Looks like really great grist for my ATU mill, I doubt I would lift the whole thing kit and kaboodle in as I think Venus needs a TAD more terraforming then we got at TL9, but Jupiter industry sounds VERY interesting.

Lo these many years later, worth a DTRPG buy as sourcebooks for some of the planets and tech/spacer manual?

I had a complete collection in print. Loved the setting. Sold the whole shebang to a guy in Italy.

Back