• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Mongoose Core Rulebook errata

Will you also collect errata for othre MgT Books?

Given that we're X months into the 2nd ed beta of MgT I'd say that any 1st ed errata is dead in the water and if you want to see MgT improve, participating in the beta may be more productive.

Given that we're X months into the 2nd ed beta of MgT I'd say that any 1st ed errata is dead in the water and if you want to see MgT improve, participating in the beta may be more productive.

I think a little of both is in order. For me, the MgT1 errata (and corrected charts) has provided me with a much better understanding of the game mechanic itself. MgT2 seems to have a different mechanic than its predecessor.

As far as accuracy and efficiency go, I want to be there mentally for my players.

I agree, I found Don's errata really useful, especially the CSC parts which for me made great improvements over the original. Trouble is, the errata that Don compiled has been pulled from his server I believe by agreement with Mongoose.

Well, we're still discussing some errata for CT and MT...

I don't see why MgT should be left aside, when I'm quite sure it will still have partidaries when MgT2 appears (and sure some will like more and some less than MgT1).

If history has to give us a lesson is that any version, no matter how old or (theoretically) dead will have its partidaries that will still want to play it and improve it with errata.

Last edited:
Does any Mongoose Traveller 1E errata exist anywhere?

The link at the start of the thread no longer works. DonM has passed away.

Assuming someone still has 1st-edition and wants to perfect it, is there a direct no-nonsense link to Mongoose Publishing or anywhere that offers official 1st-edition errata corrections?

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but the link now directs to the Classic Traveller errata, not the Mongoose one.

In which case, I looked at his site again, and noticed... before his death he pulled the errata update for MGT.

So, I've pulled the link entirely.

No duration given for ship monthly maintenance

Mongoose Traveller V1 Core Rulebook (PDF) page 138: "Repairs and Maintenance" gives a cost, a required frequency, but curiously not a duration. I make it arbitrarily 1 week. What do others use? Does MGT V2 keep the problematic ship maintenance rule and give a duration?

Thanks in advance

Lindsay

Mongoose Traveller V1 Core Rulebook (PDF) page 138: "Repairs and Maintenance" gives a cost, a required frequency, but curiously not a duration. I make it arbitrarily 1 week. What do others use? Does MGT V2 keep the problematic ship maintenance rule and give a duration?

Thanks in advance

Lindsay

I guess most old Traveller players will use the 2 weeks every year given in other Traveller versions (CT and MT at least).

Isnt there any errata for the new v2 Mongoose Traveller Books yet? I mean I hate errata with a passion, and would rather not have to change loads of stuff in the book which looks lovely the way it is, but I cant help thinking there will be lots of it still.

Back