• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Post your MgT2 errata

Not sure this should be rated as errata, but I find the writting could be clearer:

CB, Page 45, under Free Trader benefit:

You receive a free trader with 25% of the mortgage paid off on it. (...) If you roll this benefit again, an additional 25% of the mortgage has been paid off. If you roll this benefit four times, the free trader will have no mortgage and it will be all yours. Alternativelly, you may select a Far Trader

This alternative to select a far trader is if you have it paid in full? if you roll it more tan once? or you have the alternative in any case?

How do you understand (or apply) it?

Page 166, Far Trader:

It is shown as having power 75, but its needs to enter jump are 40 for the jump drives and 40 more for the basic ship systems, for a total need of 80.

Would dimming the lights (as the Vilani tradition) be enough for those lacking 5 power?

Sorry I do not have my books to hand but I know there is a rule that Basic Ship Systems power may be reduced by 50%, thus an extra 20 Power for the jump. This would be the Vilani Jump dimming I believe.

Regarding the Free vs Far Trader question, I allow them to choose which one they like on the first roll they receive the benefit. But I also allow Yachts and Lab Ships to be replaced by a Safari Ship if the players prefer.

Regarding the Free vs Far Trader question, I allow them to choose which one they like on the first roll they receive the benefit. But I also allow Yachts and Lab Ships to be replaced by a Safari Ship if the players prefer.

Yes, I now see I forgot to specify that the question also included the replacing of the Yacht for a Safari ship, also specified in the rules (Page 46), The rules don't offer replacement for the lab ship, but I guess it could also be...

Yes I often deviate in small ways from the rules, but in this case I think the Safari Ship is so cool and I like to see what players do with it.

We don’t see a lot of scientist characters in my game so we only changed from a Lab Ship once. The players converted one holding tank in the Safari Ship to a multi-environment lab space and added collapsing solar panels to the extending veranda. They also turned one stateroom into a medical bay. It was a very cool setup for many different kinds of adventures, much better for that group than a Lab Ship would have been.

Back