• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Republic of Regina 1902 Gaming Kit

800 years doesn’t seem like a lot of time to recover… humanity wasn’t stone aged, but an overwhelming majority of its worlds could have been. And stuff happens slower on an interstellar scale (time delay of jump, trillions of pops, drastically different cultures, species even)

For a real world example, the Western Roman empire collapsed in ~400 and the Italian peninsula stayed warring states for 1400 years…and 1600 years later the continent is only just beginning to reunify.

I enjoyed the read. Being mainly a Vargr player, much of the details concerning the Vargr in M1900 was of particular interest. The samples of polities, technology, ships, equipment, and Strong Worlds was helpful. This document would have been especially helpful during my journal-novel Rote to Dzuerongvoe.

The Lightbulbs in the Dark seems to have given way to all roads lead to Rome. It matters not how the tributary rivulets flowed. That they come to the same destination, the M1900 is significant.

One repeating feature that players of T5.10 can enjoy is getting behind a faction, be it polity, megacorporation, religion, criminal, or independent (merchants, mercenaries, etc.). Give us some patron factions and the Travellers will have something to lend their actions strength and purpose while angering opposing factions. Factions are difficult in a Pastoral Era, but the can be scaled down to pocket empire sizes.

Keep up the good work! I enjoy watching this milieu develop.

Back