• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

T5 CD came today

dalpeh

SOC-2
Folks, for those of you who did kickstarter or the Beta. You should be looking for a T5 cd in the mail soon. :)

How is the PDF as far as usability?

For comparison, the Pathfinder PDFs are crap, on my laptop at least. Slow scrolling, images completely mess up scrolling while they load. They are so bad that when I have internet access, I use the free online PFSRD rather than the PDFs I paid money for.

Then there are the Mongoose Traveller and 2300AD PDFs, which scroll smoothly and don't choke at all over images, and have bookmarks for chapters and sub-chapters. They work great!

How does the T5 PDF compare?

So stoked for this book. I've got a campaign all ready for T5 to drop.

Were you a beta player, daleph, or a Kickstarter supporter? Or both?

...the Pathfinder PDFs are crap, on my laptop at least. Slow scrolling, images completely mess up scrolling while they load. They are so bad that when I have internet access, I use the free online PFSRD rather than the PDFs I paid money for.

There are a couple companies in love with their excess page decorations who apparently don't know about the "flatten" function of Acrobat. Paizo is one of them.

I'll confirm with Marc, but he did tell me he thought the date would be 3/19. I of course, immediately said....

"no dates"!

Myself I like the Pathfinder PDF's, actually more then the books themselves. But I dont have a issue with them on my laptop as I have an ASUS G75 for my video games. But they are a fair bit slower on my iPad 2 so I can see the differences, as well as the hyper links in the PDF to other parts of the book dont work on the iPad.

As far as I could tell from a communication last weekend, the plan was to send T5 CDROMs early this week to the beta participants who responded to the $1 deal, then to start sending the Kickstarter shipments which, I assume, would be the package with the book, the CDROM and/or Jump Drive, and the other items as applicable. It's still not clear to me if things like the deckplans are being shipped (something I included in my own pledge).

So I would guess that dalpeh was one of those who was part of the beta, and responded to that particular offer.

Marc says a small number (two handfuls) of CDs may be out there. This is not the delivery. He specifically said when it happens, there will be several hundred at once, not just handfuls.

Okay, that sounds right. I guess Im just a bit jumpy to get it in my hot little hands. :) Getting so close I can almost taste it and it taastes like victory. Which tastes almost like plastic.

Thanks! Too many Kickstarters, too many updates, too hard to track them all. That's a shame, compounded by the dropped ball of the separate KS for the Far Trader, but better than many projects which make you wait until everything is in.

Usability

Scrolled smooth for a 650 + page pdf
CD comes with lots of wall paper
I was not a beta so I cannot comment on difference there.
It had everything I was expecting based on all the Kickstarter mails I got.
Looking forward to the book and swag.
Get your dice warmed up, there are tables for almost every aspect of PC activity now :)
cheers

How is the PDF as far as usability?

For comparison, the Pathfinder PDFs are crap, on my laptop at least. Slow scrolling, images completely mess up scrolling while they load. They are so bad that when I have internet access, I use the free online PFSRD rather than the PDFs I paid money for.

Then there are the Mongoose Traveller and 2300AD PDFs, which scroll smoothly and don't choke at all over images, and have bookmarks for chapters and sub-chapters. They work great!

How does the T5 PDF compare?

Make sure you're using the "Lite" version of the Pathfinder PDF. But yeah, Paizo just doesn't know how to drop all those layers. I had started doing a cut and paste of the text from the PDF to a new file when the Lite version of the PDF came out, which displays acceptably well on my netbook and tablet.

I don't always have network access during play, so d20pfsrd isn't always an option. Besides, my book has copious notes in the margins (things like the size and weight tables that got left out of the Core book.)

Make sure you're using the "Lite" version of the Pathfinder PDF. But yeah, Paizo just doesn't know how to drop all those layers. I had started doing a cut and paste of the text from the PDF to a new file when the Lite version of the PDF came out, which displays acceptably well on my netbook and tablet.

Hadn't heard of Lite versions, will have to go check. Thanks for the info!

I finally loaded the T5 CD...

The final PDF scrolls rather nicely - nicer than most 200p PDF's. No lag on the mac.

But it also has all the chapters broken out into separate PDF's, too.

Back