• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

T5SS Corrections

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonM

Marquis
Hans wanted to know where to post suggestions for T5SS fixes. Well, this thread is for that...

:CoW:

But there's always rules: :nonono:

1. Please give World Name, Sector and Hex
2. Please give canon source for the suggested change
3. Please give the suggested change
4. Please only correct sectors with Imperial worlds in them (including Reft, Trojan Reach, Reavers' Deep, Solomani Rim, Magyar, Old Expanses, etc).
5. DO NOT USE UWP LISTS as sources for corrections. Canon world descriptions are great (for example, world rumors in CT Adventure 1, The Kinunir), but sector listings are NOT (such as the Marches data in Imperial Encyclopedia).
6. Be nice. Remember that we're not trying to destroy the OTU.
7. Stay focused. If you want to discuss a specific item, open a thread in the T5 forum named "[T5SS] Worldname (Hex Sector)", for example, "[T5SS] Regina (1910 Spinward Marches)" would be a discussion thread for an already posted suggestion in this thread on Regina.

Ideally, this thread will be your annotated suggestions and my responses. Or, I'll post "reserved for response" and do a review of an issue with Marc and others.

There's no smilie for asbestos suit... :toast:

Ocean vs. Water Worlds

Magyar has three worlds that have both the Ocean (Oc) and Water (Wa) planetary codes, but my understanding is that these codes are mutually exclusive: both require Hydro A, but Wa code only covers worlds of size 5-9, and Oc covers worlds of size A-C.

• Coglan (2214 AA9A8A6-E) Oc Wa Ph Pi
  • Lavik (0924 EA9A355-6) Lo Oc Wa
  • Lincoln (0836 BA9A213-D) Lo Oc Wa

I think the "Wa" classification should be deleted from all three. That said, I am not certain how useful having the Oc code really is.

Corrected the Wa/Oc verification, and raised the issue of having both to Marc. Also, the notes from Marc note that if Fl, do not put Wa/Oc, but that is NOT in T5 RAW. Issue also raised to Marc.

Thank you!

Corrected the Wa/Oc verification, and raised the issue of having both to Marc. Also, the notes from Marc note that if Fl, do not put Wa/Oc, but that is NOT in T5 RAW. Issue also raised to Marc.
What's the difference between Wa and Oc if they're both water?

Hans

What's the difference between Wa and Oc if they're both water?

I specifically asked Marc this question, and his response was "I have ambitions for Oc."

So I assume more is coming on that topic.

Also, that's really a T5 question, not a T5SS Correction...

Several worlds have both the "Fl" and "In" trade classifications. Industrial worlds are supposed to be limited to Atmospheres of "012479" while Fluid Ocean worlds have atmospheres of "ABC."

The three sectors I checked (Dark Nebula, Magyar, and Solomani Rim) had the following worlds with both classifications:

Yoaieal (Dark Nebula 1104 E9A897A-8)
Alaooh (Dark Nebula 1111 E8A3AD9-8)
Ktaol (Dark Nebula 0327 B8C5977-D)
Earltras (Dark Nebula 2527 B6A1965-8)
Qeafowyahlulr (Dark Nebula 2537 E6A2945-9)
Indet (Magyar 0131 B7B79BD-D)
Krypton (Solomani Rim 0330 A9A49BC-D)

On one hand I feel that if high pop vacuum worlds qualify for the Industrial classification, why not exotic atmospheres? But if you go there you just further erode the distinction between any high pop worlds and industrial worlds.

If you drop the Industrial code from these worlds, of course, you change the Importance rating and all of the various add-ons to that number.

{{World|Bari|Zarushagar|Epshu|2312}}

Suggest trade codes receive additional "An" designation.

From "Lo Ga" to "Lo Ga An".

Source: Author & Contributor: [[Greg Videll]]

External Link: http://wiki.travellerrpg.com/Bari_(world)

Additional Data:

== Bari (World) Synopsis ==
'''World''' is a low-population garden world with a population less than 10,000 [[sophont]]s in population size and a near-ideal, utopian environment conducive to most forms of [[sophont]] life.
* Both the population and economy of this world are expected to grow in the near future barring outside forces.
* This world contains a xeno-archaeological site with suspected high-tech remnants of the now-vanished [[Ancients]] precursor race.
* Home of [[Research Station Kappa (Zarushagar)]]
* A small colony of [[Chirper]]s resides on Bari.
* It is a member of the [[Third Imperium]] in the [[Epshu Subsector]] of [[Zarushagar Sector]] in the [[Domain of Ilelish]].

== Description ==
The [[Ancients]] site consists of a number of domed structures amidst fields of 3.0 meter high pylons. Other than the effect of generating a mild static charge, little has been learned about the site.

When the base was discovered, a small colony of [[Chirper]]s were found living among the ruins. Scientists have determined that the pylon fields hold some significance for the Chirpers, but a connection between the two has not been found.

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Toulon-Cadiz Amber Zone

{{World|Toulon-Cadiz|Zarushagar|Ibaru|0510}}

Suggest zone codes receive additional "amber zone" designation.

Additional Data:
Hex Name UWP Remarks {Ix} (Ex) [Cx] N B Z PBG W A Stellar
0510 Toulon-Cadiz B99758B-B Ag Ni { 2 } (C46+4) [777D] BC - - 314 13 ImDi K4 V

Current T5SS zone code: - (none)

Link: http://wiki.travellerrpg.com/Toulon-Cadiz_(world)

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Several worlds have both the "Fl" and "In" trade classifications. Industrial worlds are supposed to be limited to Atmospheres of "012479" while Fluid Ocean worlds have atmospheres of "ABC."

The three sectors I checked (Dark Nebula, Magyar, and Solomani Rim) had the following worlds with both classifications:

Yoaieal (Dark Nebula 1104 E9A897A-8)
Alaooh (Dark Nebula 1111 E8A3AD9-8)
Ktaol (Dark Nebula 0327 B8C5977-D)
Earltras (Dark Nebula 2527 B6A1965-8)
Qeafowyahlulr (Dark Nebula 2537 E6A2945-9)
Indet (Magyar 0131 B7B79BD-D)
Krypton (Solomani Rim 0330 A9A49BC-D)

On one hand I feel that if high pop vacuum worlds qualify for the Industrial classification, why not exotic atmospheres? But if you go there you just further erode the distinction between any high pop worlds and industrial worlds.

If you drop the Industrial code from these worlds, of course, you change the Importance rating and all of the various add-ons to that number.

T5.09 clarifies that Industrial is now atmospheres '012479ABC'. Item closed.

Disi/Rhamsteppe (Zarushagar 2236)
Classic Era (1115)
B54A513-A

"Traveller News Service," TNE Survival Margin

Very interesting, as there is no Zarushagar 2236 in Atlas of the Imperium. However, Disi (Zarushagar 2436) is B54A513-A.

So perhaps this is errata for the TNS entry in Survival Margin!

And then I looked at SM (for TNE errata details) and see you're pointing out that on SM page 19, Disi (Zarushagar 2436) is B7659A8-A. Now that's interesting. I'll dig a bit more.

{{World|Bari|Zarushagar|Epshu|2312}}

Suggest trade codes receive additional "An" designation.

From "Lo Ga" to "Lo Ga An".

Source: Author & Contributor: [[Greg Videll]]

Additional Data:

== Bari (World) Synopsis ==
'''World''' is a low-population garden world with a population less than 10,000 [[sophont]]s in population size and a near-ideal, utopian environment conducive to most forms of [[sophont]] life.
* Both the population and economy of this world are expected to grow in the near future barring outside forces.
* This world contains a xeno-archaeological site with suspected high-tech remnants of the now-vanished [[Ancients]] precursor race.
* Home of [[Research Station Kappa (Zarushagar)]]
* A small colony of [[Chirper]]s resides on Bari.
* It is a member of the [[Third Imperium]] in the [[Epshu Subsector]] of [[Zarushagar Sector]] in the [[Domain of Ilelish]].

== Description ==
The [[Ancients]] site consists of a number of domed structures amidst fields of 3.0 meter high pylons. Other than the effect of generating a mild static charge, little has been learned about the site.

When the base was discovered, a small colony of [[Chirper]]s were found living among the ruins. Scientists have determined that the pylon fields hold some significance for the Chirpers, but a connection between the two has not been found.

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Reviewing.

Probably best if in the future we use the thread in the Scouts area. I almost missed these items.

Hey, I need some help with some Traveller experts who know Daibai Sector...

I found two weird anomalies in Daibai: Two worlds named Karma (Da 1439 and 2537) and two worlds named Agukikhiga (1901 and 2015).

This must be a typo or some kind of weird mistake. Someone please check me.

http://www.travellermap.com/api/sec?sector=Daibei&type=SecondSurvey

Thanks!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

As I stated above, use the thread in the Scouts area, but you already did. You're making me look all over for this stuff, aren't you? :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back