• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Technology nuggets

Spartan159

SOC-13
Knight
One of the things that caught my eye was a technology used for a mundane purpose but would seem to me to have a far-reaching impact. On page 74, at a Tech Level D Capitol, Bland had a bag with a frictionless bottom. Bearings? Who needs them?

A parallel thought was if a frictionless surface can be made, what about the opposite, say non-magnetic boots that grip solid yet peel up with the walking motion?

One of the things that caught my eye was a technology used for a mundane purpose but would seem to me to have a far-reaching impact. On page 74, at a Tech Level D Capitol, Bland had a bag with a frictionless bottom. Bearings? Who needs them?

A parallel thought was if a frictionless surface can be made, what about the opposite, say non-magnetic boots that grip solid yet peel up with the walking motion?

Frictionless bearings are probably misnamed. Like bulletproof glass. Or waterproof watches.

Shabbat Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

That sounds like something 3M would be working on now.

Or it would be great for spacewalks across the hull to fix that important bit, if they ever go to nonmagnetic hull material.

Back