• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

TravellerMap @ Travellercon/USA 2023

inexorabletash

SOC-14 1K
Baron
I was asked to give a panel talk at Travellercon/USA this year. Here's a recording:

And the slides are at:

I figure you're already aware, but I'm creating my own revised map of the LBB S3 Spinward Marches (re)mapping in 1105 project here on the forums utilizing the Poster Maker API as a starting point. I've got Sector data and Metadata saved offline to generate my revision of the sector map. I then took the .png image and manually edited the world names in the image so as to provide more visually accessible information on Population code "bands" (0-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-A) that would be relevant to LBB2.81 rules tramp trading.

The next step that I would like to take is to revise the World Colors symbology, to fix some "disagreements" between LBB3.81 and T5 for trade codes (which then influences what "colors" get assigned to worlds) ... but also to do a bit of refactoring in how the World Colors "operate" so as to make the combinations of Trade Codes relevant to speculative goods trading more readily accessible and obvious.

When I get done with everything, I'll publish my results, including data files and World Colors symbology revision (to demonstrate what putting my refactoring idea for this would look like in practice), here in the CotI forums. I'm doing this little project for personal satisfaction, more than anything else, and to have FUN with some of the cool things that Travellermap can do (while recognizing the limitations of the present code structure and presentation formatting).

Link to the 33rd step revision (post #119) can be found HERE if you'd like to peruse.

Side note:
I had to watch the video to realize how the Mains Overlay option actually worked, so I was actually able to get some useful information out of watching your video (all 30 mins). Thank you for posting!

Back