• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Variants of T2K?

Murph

SOC-14 1K
I ran a variant using the rules, I called Twilight 1990 with a strong Lovecraftian flavor. The group worked as operatives for a company called "Special Tasks". They did get a little wild and wooley at times.

I remember. Good game. Excellent way to recycle good rules when the setting was bypassed by the collapse of the Soviet Union. Deep Ones, renegade spetznatz, Columbian Drug Kings, Leopardman Cultists, rogue Archbishops, Red Chinese agents...

I knew we were in trouble when our characters were recruited and we were told we could get as much firepower as we needed for our missions.
"How about a nuke?" I joked.
"If you need it you can get one," you answered. And the other players wondered why I (not my character) went white.

MAC 10s proving inneffective, our favorite weapon was a car bomb, with RPG-7s and Barrett 0.50s close behind. Now that's heavy metal you can carry in a car's trunk.

[This message has been edited by Uncle Bob (edited 03 May 2002).]

Seriously, did anyone ever play the Merc 2000 supplement that came out for 2nd edit T2k - I thought it a good supplement - but mainly used it for Traveller ideas!

There was also the Twilight Encounters supplement that covered such things as dinosaurs and a downed UFO. IIRC, in the UFO scenario, one suggested option was that it was a First Imperium scoutship. In the end the players had the option of leaving with the scouts and thus switching over to a Traveller campaign.

------------------
Paul

It´s called Twilight Nightmares and is usable with both T2000 and Merc 2000.

I adapted most of its adventures for other game settings I GM (Shadowrun, Star Wars - both D6 and D20, TNE).

This book is very cool to give you ideas for wierd adventures (like I did to keep the players on their toes and/or give a Helloween(sp?) flavour).

Saw it, almost bought it. But it was the Hateful House System.
frown.gif

Besides, Murph did it better
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kentares:
It´s called Twilight Nightmares and is usable with both T2000 and Merc 2000.

I adapted most of its adventures for other game settings I GM (Shadowrun, Star Wars - both D6 and D20, TNE).

This book is very cool to give you ideas for wierd adventures (like I did to keep the players on their toes and/or give a Helloween(sp?) flavour).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Worked well with Dark Conspiracy as well, Also im i the only one to ever use DCs Psionics in T2K? with a Radar style character?

Thanks. Remember the C-130 w/ the Atoll missile that took down the Lear jet?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Uncle Bob:
Saw it, almost bought it. But it was the Hateful House System.
frown.gif

Besides, Murph did it better
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Murph, If you liked your 'special tasks' setting you should have a go at a Delta Green campaign. Also I'm currently running a 'Cthulhu Adventus' (cthulhu arrives- i think!) which is a kind of cthulhu/2300AD/fading suns/orwell's 1984 setting for cthulhu. (Future fascist dictatorship sending it's 'colonists' (read 'racially undesirables') through the 'new party science' gateways (gate spells) to distant worlds...if they were succesful, then hey! all the better..squads will wipe up later and replace with racially pure citizens but if they met Mythos threat then who cares? - very dark. The PC's went almost exclusively to the side of rebellion but werent aware they had an establishment facsit spy in their midst! The solomani rim data and T2K sourcebooks were invaluable.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>(cthulhu arrives- i think!) which is a kind of cthulhu/2300AD/fading suns/orwell's 1984 setting for cthulhu. (.[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds cool! Have you seen the PDF file on Chaosium's home page called "End Times"? With some modification you could really run an interesting campaign especially if you want to get Transhuman Space into the mix...

IN the end we ended up converting to the Cyberpunk 2020 game system. But the T2K Mercenaries and there was another suppliment IIRC about Spec Ops(?) are still very nice.

Back