• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Why do we like older rule systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
claiming to know the "One true way"

Clearly you are a person who does not like to be told that they are wrong. But the reality of the situation is that your opinions are not based on the facts, which I have laid out here. And in a rational world at least, facts trump beliefs every time.

You can think what you like in your own games, but you are declaring in a public forum that Mongoose has no authority right to decide what Traveller is or where it is going when you have no authority to do so yourself. They have said that it is a ruleset for which there will be multiple settings, they have the license, they have paid the money for it, and yet you (a random person on the internet who has not paid for a license and does not own the Traveller IP in any commercial sense) still insist that it is something else. You can believe whatever you like for your own games, but for the greater reality outside of that (which is what we are talking about here) you are wrong.

As far as I can see you are not really much different to a Flat Earther, still believing that the world is flat despite all the evidence to the contrary. If you keep your belief to yourself then nobody will care, but if you get on a soapbox and start shrieking that everyone else is wrong and that you are right then you will be justifiably mocked for it. And doing so still does not change the fact that you are wrong.

I am sorry that you cannot see that, but that is your problem, not mine.

Thread being closed due to much antisocial behavior from multiple posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back