• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Xboat No. 5 has exited jumpspace

robject

SOC-14 10K
Admin Award
Marquis
The apocryphal Xboat No. 5 has arrived!

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/407904/Xboat-No-5

Welcome to Xboat!

This is a science fiction fanzine, with most of the material suggested by fans who love Traveller. It's about discussion, example, and bold ideas.

Great Content...

Each issue is at least 24 half-pages (5.5 x 8.5). Xboat No. 5 includes these articles:

* A short adventure by Chad Russell

* The Heavy Tracked ATC, profiled and illustrated to inspire.

* An article on building small space stations, with an example with deckplan.

* A process for creating alien plantlife.

* An index to all Xboat issues, plus notes on how Xboat was produced.

...and more.

Beautiful Artwork...

Illustration is half of inspiration. My fantastic backers made it possible to jam in a generous helping of quality art into every issue.

I have leveraged the experienced and capable Ian Stead, Robert Pearce, and Tim Osborne for beautifully themed artwork. Ian's starships are iconic, and Robert's deckplans are excellent. Tim's artwork is clever and inspired.

Now immortalized in the RPGGeek database:

There's a couple of POD companies I'm considering. DriveThru is kind of a pain to do POD with last I checked.

I backed the zine. I don't need an omnibus, only this last issue!;)
Me too, but while I could print it up and add it to my little stash would be nice to have a more professionally printed version. And some omnibuses have additional stuff. And while I normally do not like that approach as it is often a money grab (look, you get 3 whole new pages if you repurchase the same thing; sort of like the college textbooks, but I digress from having a son in college..) this would be a way for people to get all in print a bit easier. And I also support independent publishers like this as they have the courage to do this. So yes, I'd also buy the POD version of an omnibus set.

Back