• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

8.9 vs 7.7 LY

Murph

SOC-14 1K
In V1 one of the Trilon ships is given a range of 8.9 LY vs 7.7. What would the effect of this be on the known universe? Big? Small? No real change?

A bigger change would be to use a more up to date near star map :)

But as to your question - I have a memory of working out that it opened up a couple of the arms to a lot more reachable systems, I'll have to go dig my notes out of the loft.

In V1 one of the Trilon ships is given a range of 8.9 LY vs 7.7. What would the effect of this be on the known universe? Big? Small? No real change?

When you say V1, are you refereing to Travelelr 2300 or to MgT 2300 v1?

In any case, IIRC in both cases it was hard set the 7.7 ly limit, so I guess it's more an errata than anything else...

True. Gliese v3? Or another catalog? Maybe Hipparcos data?

But as to your question - I have a memory of working out that it opened up a couple of the arms to a lot more reachable systems, I'll have to go dig my notes out of the loft.

Thanks, it's too hard to type on the iPad for a longer reply.

Back