• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

General A 'Dungeon in a Box' for Traveller?

Spinward Scout

SOC-14 5K
Baron
I was reading over on Facebook that someone created a 'Dungeon ina Box' that people can get sent to them in the mail.

The tagline is:

Your monthly Dungeon crawl. In a box.

So why hasn't this been done for Traveller?

All of the Double Adventures could probably work like this. Shadows could be great for this, I'd think. You get a Map. Miniatures. And the Adventure all in one and ready to play.

Has anyone looked at this for Traveller?

Dungeon in a Box

Just curious...

Traveller Tickets ... 🤔
High Passage - you get a few miniatures, some 3D terrain pieces, printed game mat poster, printed adventure
Middle Passage - you get a few miniatures, some 2D terrain, printed game mat poster, printed adventure
Basic Passage - you get a few 2D "standee" figures, some 2D terrain, printed game mat poster, printed adventure
Low Passage - you get everything as a PDF

High Passage - you get a few miniatures, some 3D terrain pieces, printed game mat poster, printed adventure
Middle Passage - you get a few miniatures, some 2D terrain, printed game mat poster, printed adventure
Basic Passage - you get a few 2D "standee" figures, some 2D terrain, printed game mat poster, printed adventure
Cargo - you get a PbP invite 😅

Low passage, PDFs and STLs

The old "Series 120" from GDW were something like that. Updated games like "Asteroid" (not Traveller but a lot of fun), "Dark Nebula" and "Mayday" (with ship minis), "Snapshot" (not a 120 game but could have been). These would all be easy to update as "Dungeon in a Box." type of games.

every one of them is a dungeon...

Sure. But, I take Spinward's point to be, that everyone prints their own maps and sources their own minis. (Or, in my case, doesn't do either, makes the players map if they want one, and runs everything else theater of the mind, but still.)

So I'm not quite the target audience for a ready to go box, but it's a fair point that the hobby has to have done a lot of duplicated effort for the same published adventures over the years. Minis aside, what if someone who'd filled in the missing/optional encounters in Broadsword had published them for everyone? And back on minis, what if someone had done printed standup counters for the animals in Shadows, then shared the file? Except then they'd be tempted to polish it for public consumption, then that's a lot of work for free, so then why not charge a little for your time, and I see how you arrive at "sell a box."

I was reading over on Facebook that someone created a 'Dungeon ina Box' that people can get sent to them in the mail.

The tagline is:

So why hasn't this been done for Traveller?

All of the Double Adventures could probably work like this. Shadows could be great for this, I'd think. You get a Map. Miniatures. And the Adventure all in one and ready to play.

Has anyone looked at this for Traveller?

Dungeon in a Box

Just curious...
I would think Mongoose would/could do something like this, if they thought it would sell. Maybe get with GZG for the 15mm minis.

Back