• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Abbreviations on this Forum

Here's what I have, so far. Consolidated into categories.

Beat me up if you want for what's included.

Aramis, it would be fine with me if you want to EDIT freely what you may believe is extraneous or redundant.

(...)

CT Rules Compendiums [boxed and/or large format books]
TTB ~ The Traveller Book
ST ~ Starter Traveller
DT ~ Deluxe Traveller [box]
A00 The Imperial Fringe. This introductory adventure was included in Deluxe Traveller.
A00 Imperial Fringe Map.

(...)

Shouldn't be here TTA=The Traveller Adventure?

EDIT

Adventures [CT] (as LBBs)

(...)

A05 aka "A5" ~ Adventure 5 Trillion Credit Squadron - more like a set of rules for running HG - designed fleets in a strategic campaign format

Also seen abreviated as TCS in many threads (mostly regarding to fleet matters)

Last edited:
Added "SRD", "TTA, "TCS" (as well as "BCS" and "MCS"), and "IYKWIMAITYD".

I never suggested it was "Compleat".

I also suggested in my first subsequent reply to the OP (after my categorized list) that an alphabetized one might be a Useful Thing. An alphabetized list might be useful but provides little in the way of context. Annotated and Cross-referenced might be useful, too, but more work than it's worth :D

If the Volunteer doesn't do it, I might get to it this weekend. Maybe. :)

Last edited:
I never suggested it was "Compleat".

Not claiming you ever did, that's why I suggest some more when I find them, and here come two more:

SOM = Starship's Operation Manual (MT)

Generic Board Slang / Abbreviations:

OTOH=on the other hand

Not claiming you ever did, that's why I suggest some more when I find them, and here come two more:

SOM = Starship's Operation Manual (MT)

Generic Board Slang / Abbreviations:

OTOH=on the other hand

I'll add those.

Insofar as the "Compleat" comment, it was directed at Riik, mostly. Sorry Bout That.

Yet some more:

Naval ship terms:

Asside from the equivalents to RW (by the way, that means Real World ;)) naval ships (BB, CA, CL, DD...):

BT/BR = Batle Tender/Battle Rider
SDB = System Defense Boat

And (among Game Companies and Publishers, I guess):

MWM = Marc W. Miller (I guess only some spammers in this forum need to be told who he is)

Yet some more:

Naval ship terms:

Asside from the equivalents to RW (by the way, that means Real World ;)) naval ships (BB, CA, CL, DD...):

BT/BR = Batle Tender/Battle Rider
SDB = System Defense Boat

And (among Game Companies and Publishers, I guess):

MWM = Marc W. Miller (I guess only some spammers in this forum need to be told who he is)

MWM and LKW may not be obvious to those from Mongoose, GT, HT or T20 only experience, and other fans might not have read the credits to recognize the name. Marc's name was on the front cover only on T4.

Aramis: Perhaps you can split my list off as a reply in the sticks, let this thread off stick but continue to exist for suggestions to add to the list? I'd be happy to Maintain the List.

I will probably split it into 3-4 posts into categories (with notes) and one omnibus alphabetized one (no notes) once I have the time.

You and the other admins can discuss.

I guess I am going to take Sunday afternoon and set up the abbreviations most useful to Traveller in my first post.

I will not include the more mundane abbreviations unless ya'll can show actual use within the Traveller RPG System.

Sto Lat'

Riik

For the record, RTT is definitely not intended as derogatory or derisive; I coined it before MgT was regularly used, in an effort to distinguish «M»ongoose «T»raveller from «M»ega«T»raveller. I generally read it as "Rikki-Tikki-Travi", after Rudyard Kipling's mongoose of the same name - the one whose motto was 'Run and find out'.

Back