• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Adventure Class Ships for iOS errata discussion

agorski

SOC-13
Admin Award
Moved from TAS News Feed:

Mission Modifier comes before the Mission; Patrol Corvette should be PE, not EP.
Bk2Pg68 at the top says either way is OK, but I agree most people would prefer the mission last so I’ll probably change how this is displayed everywhere.

Wings should add space, not reduce space (B2p52).
Except in the case where Wings and Fins are included in the hull. And increases the tonnage of the hull for drive purposes. Noted.

Jump Drive-3 base TL is 12, not TL-9. Stage availability incorrectly shown. (But Jump properly limited to 5 at TL-14.)

M-Drive base TL similarly wrong.

Power Plant base TL similarly wrong.
Noted.

Fuel tanks (probably generic) does not allow input of fractional values according to my locale, but displays correctly (9,6 versus 9.6). Editing the value shows 9,6 but that can't be written in that field. You should probably get the decimal separator for the locale and allow that together with the numbers.
Yeah, I forgot about locales when restricting legal inputs into the textfield. This also applies to any other text field like this (vehicle tonnage, etc.)

Fuel rating misleading, it looks like you have fuel for a jump and months of operations, even if you only have fuel for a single jump and no operations.
Because of the onerous calculations required if there are multiple interstellar drives installed, I don’t really have a good way of restricting the fuel rating to just operations.

Fuel Scoop costs MCr 1, should be MCr 0.1.
Calculated correctly. I’ll check how I’m displaying it.

Sensors: It is very nice that the software suggests a reasonable range effect and stage (for a Communicator) but it becomes entirely inappropriate for any other Sensor, making input more confusing.
When creating a sensor, I’ve got to put in some values, so I chose these as a default. I no longer disallow selection of an illegal range or stage to make it easier to adjust things until you get a valid sensor design.

Default for Power Source should probably be Fusion Plus, lest power plant fuel consumption is doubled.
I’m defaulting to Power Plant for power for sensors and consoles for simple, lower tech ship designs. There is no power consumption listed in the rules so this is just chrome. Although Bk2Pg55 says “most weapons” can use decentralized power, I haven’t implemented that because Bk2Pg133 says Power Cells and Fuel Cells can’t be used for weapons or defenses and it’s not clear whether Fusion Plus can power high-power using weapons.

I see no "Duplicate Weapon" (or "Duplicate Ship") button?

(Note: ancient iPad with old iOS.)
Interesting. I’m using a recent feature of iOS to display that icon and it’s nice that iOS has automatically adjusted for that and just doesn’t allow it on older versions.

Carried Craft: Small craft can't be carried externally in Grapples.
I’m restricting grapples for use only with pods and subhulls per the rules. If you add a craft as a detachable hull, you can attach it with grapples. A bracket can be used with a carried craft less than 10 tons.

Small Craft connection Niche incorrectly calculates total tonnage? It adds the full tonnage of the carried craft, but it should presumably be half internal, half external?
It adds the total tonnage of the small craft to the ship, but only reduces the internal tonnage of the hull it’s installed into by half of the tonnage of the small craft.

Improvement: Standard small craft and vehicles not available (e.g. B2p87 & B3p157).
Yeah, I assume that people will want to design their own small craft and with vehicles you only need to add a few values.

Med Clinic etc is a Life Support component, it should not be counted towards crew Comfort (rule B2p62).
Yes. I need to adjust comfort to also include freshers and troop barracks.

Default Console size should probably be Spacious, since Ergonomics is rated by size.
Left this at the minimum for small craft/ships.

The Computer does not need a Panel any more than Consoles do.
Agreed. I need to figure out how to change this so that when someone upgrades the app and then deletes a computer, that the unnecessary console is also deleted and not become orphaned.

This is outdated. There are no "Compartment" components in T5.10. A Compartment is simply a hit location of standardised size.
The remains of the Compartment system is used for Fitted Payload, see B2p89 Table F.
I will probably rename Compartments to Fitted Payload, but for ease in producing deck plans I’m still going to require console location. The notions of specialized and sophisticated (holds) are still there.

I’m defaulting to Power Plant for power for sensors and consoles for simple, lower tech ship designs. There is no power consumption listed in the rules so this is just chrome.

Not quite just chrome. See B2p79 (B2p191) footnote to Fuel/Power table:
"Decentralized power; if centralized, fuel use x2."

Not quite just chrome. See B2p79 (B2p191) footnote to Fuel/Power table:
"Decentralized power; if centralized, fuel use x2."
Too vague to implement anything since individual components can be centralized or not. I can't seeing doubling the fuel use just because consoles are centralized. We would need a whole new section of rules on how to do this.

Power Cells are already centralized, these are just a longer term backup system.

The T5.10 rules does not discuss selecting power source per component, only two different strategies: Centralised or Dispersed power (B2pp55 & B2p132).

Centralised power has an effect on fuel consumption (B2p79 & B2p191).

ACS version 1.6:

A hull with wings/fins should probably increase external size, not just grant extra space. E.g. a 10 streamlined fighter with wings has 10.5 Dt available space and should be carried as a 10.5 Dt craft. (Yes, it is too complicated, use an airframe hull instead.)

Computers: The whole fib/phot/fluid system is gone from T5.10. Computers are now only regular and bis. Stages and brains remains. (Computer types are explained on p244-245, but apparently has no effect on cost, size, or TL.)

No custom airlock available (B2p89, Table E, footnote).

Improvement: A counter to keep track of total crew berths, so that we can make sure all crew has a berth?

Improvement: A counter to keep track of total number of people (crew+passengers+etc.) aboard, so that we can make sure life support capacity is sufficient?

Computers: The whole fib/phot/fluid system is gone from T5.10. Computers are now only regular and bis. Stages and brains remains. (Computer types are explained on p244-245, but apparently has no effect on cost, size, or TL.)

Actually, they're still there. See The Underlying Physical Principles on page 245.

Although the Computers table on page 250 has been reworked, there's still columns in it for fib, phot, flu, mech, and pos which are the computer model number (although not clearly labelled). So a Model 3 fib is TL12, which is the same as the "fib Fiber Optic TL +1" from the T5.09 table.

The cost modifiers for these appears to have disappeared from T5.10.

Improvement: A counter to keep track of total crew berths, so that we can make sure all crew has a berth?

Improvement: A counter to keep track of total number of people (crew+passengers+etc.) aboard, so that we can make sure life support capacity is sufficient?

There's a count of crew, passengers, and troops on the Ship view under Personnel & Accommodations.

On the Personnel & Accommodations > Personnel subview, there are counts of crew, passengers, troop barracks capacity and "bunks" for crew and passengers. There's also a "person-days" listed for Life Support.

On an iPad, there's a count of crew and passenger capacity on the Accommodations tab.

A hull with wings/fins should probably increase external size, not just grant extra space. E.g. a 10 streamlined fighter with wings has 10.5 Dt available space and should be carried as a 10.5 Dt craft. (Yes, it is too complicated, use an airframe hull instead.)

Yes, I thought about this but didn't do it. It's not too big a deal to implement. Although the recommendation is to use hulls in 100 ton increments, I already allow the input of any hull tonnage and calculate everything anyway.

So instead of a 110 ton ship being a hull of 100 tons and an attached sub hull of 10 tons, you can just enter 110 tons for the single hull.

Similarly, if you have a 100 ton ship with wings (not included in the hull type), just make it 105 tons.

I believe power plant fuel is calculated incorrectly.

In the Spearhead (400 Dt + 8 × 20 Dt pods = 560 Dt) an Adv Power plant G (840 EP) gives potential 3.

It should use potential 3 × 560 Dt / 100 × stage 0.8 = 13.44 Dt?

The program shows 9 Dt per month, which seems incorrect.

Without pods so only the 400 Dt basic hull it should be 4 × 400 Dt / 100 × stage 0.8 = 12.8 Dt?

The program shows 9.6 Dt per month, which seems incorrect.

Make a new ship.
Add subhull.
Add another subhull.
Delete the first subhull.

The program crashes. If you open the program again and try to view the ship, the program crashes again. The ship is now permanently unavailable.

Make a new ship.
Add subhull.
Add another subhull.
Delete the first subhull.

The program crashes. If you open the program again and try to view the ship, the program crashes again. The ship is now permanently unavailable.

Found it. It had to do with the Connector Sets in the remaining subhull pointing to a non-existent subhull. This resulted in the Cost of the ship calculation crashing when trying to update the Form display. Whew!

Back