• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

AI-Powered GM

All - here's another specimen, same variables as before (ie: Mars, Space City, 22nd Century, not OTU etc.).

ChatGPT invented "Red Pharma", which I quite like. It goes well with the Traveller concept of corporate power.

Several parts of the scenario need further fleshing out, especially the complications. But that's exactly how I want it. I can add a plug in elements (eg: a faction, a secret society, a rival team, a rival corporation etc.) from what is both relevant and known to the adventurers:

RED PHARMA CONSPIRACY

A Mysterious Epidemic Strikes the Mars City

CAUSES – d6:
(1) Unlikely:
The epidemic is caused by a rare alien virus.
(2–3) Possible: The epidemic is the result of a faulty batch of a popular Martian medicine.
(4–6) Likely: The epidemic is intentionally caused by a rival pharmaceutical corporation.

ACTIONS:
A: Investigate the source of the epidemic by examining medical records.
B: Interview the affected patients and their families for commonalities.
C: Gather evidence from the manufacturing facility where the medicine was produced.
D: Infiltrate the rival corporation to uncover their motives and involvement.
E: Develop an antidote or treatment to combat the effects of the epidemic.

COMPLICATIONS – d6:
1 – Individual: One of the adventurers becomes infected with the alien virus.
2 – Group: A faction within the Mars City government tries to cover up the conspiracy.
3 – Place: The manufacturing facility is heavily guarded, making investigation challenging.
4 – Thing: The antidote requires a rare Martian plant that is on the brink of extinction.
5 – Incident: A rival team of adventurers is also investigating the conspiracy, creating competition and potential conflicts.
6 – Idea: The rival corporation is actually being manipulated by a secret society aiming to destabilize Mars' medical infrastructure.

Creating these can be addictive (but that's what ChatGPT wants so that you become dependent - lol).

Tim
I’m thinking it feels the pull of the heuristics it gets from the data it trained on- sort of a data bias solipsism.

I am trying to get our AI group to agree on a time during the week to finalize the adventure about the Elysium, and I'll be livestreaming a test of v0.2 of my Virtual GM next Sunday on YT/Twitch.

Folks who are interested are welcome to come join us on my Discord server for the private tests, or tune in to the public livestream next Sunday and I'll try to take comments from the audience.

Last edited:
We are doing the part 3 demo of the VIrtual GM tests tomorrow. We are going to hopefully find out what happened to the crew, then have a roundtable discussion afterward.

Join us, if you are interested in our little ChatGPT VIrtual Gm project.

Virtual Game Master v0.2​

Test 1​

Join us as we delve into the virtual world of an original sci-fi adventure, brought to life by the groundbreaking AI-powered Virtual Game Master v0.2.

Jun 30th, 2pm MDT

During this live testing event, you will have the unique opportunity to:
  • Embark on an original sci-fi adventure, intricately designed by the Virtual Game Master, exploring uncharted realms of the cosmos.
  • Influence the course of the story by providing suggestions and making crucial decisions that shape the fate of the characters and the universe.
  • Experience the Virtual Game Master's adaptability and intelligence as it dynamically responds to our choices, creating a personalized and captivating narrative in real-time.
Broadcast from CyborgPrime Discord
Simulcast on:
YouTube
Twitch

Discord Event Link

Hope you can join us!

Virtual GM v0.5.0

Join us Sunday. July 30 at 1pm MDT!​

Hello, adventurers! Prepare for a galactic journey as we demo the Virtual GM 0.5.0, the frontier of AI-powered role-playing. Step into a sprawling Sci-Fi universe, where our AI weaves a captivating narrative and your actions craft the course of the cosmos.

Engage with distinct NPCs, solve enigmatic puzzles, and explore celestial wonders in this immersive experience.

Your strategic inputs and creative suggestions directly shape the story, so we encourage active participation in our YouTube live chat or Discord community.

Don't miss this exciting opportunity to explore the future of role-playing games and navigate uncharted territories of interstellar adventure.
https://www.youtube.com/@CyborgPrime/streams

It's only as good as its programming, essentially.
Oh I didn’t respond to this.

I hesitate to call network learning programming. A different metaphor….

It’s only as good as it’s upbringing and education, and tends to act according to the background mores and tropes of its training database.

Just to be clear: my AI is instructed NOT to plagiarize and also there are NO TRAVELLER OR ANY OTHER GAME SYSTEM mechanics in my AI - I invented this thing from scratch based on my years of experience as an adventure game creator, programmer, and multimedia artist.

My goal is to create an RPG session simulator for solo players, not replace any game system. It gives you the feel of playing your favorite RPG without using any of the particular game mechanics.

Back