• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Anyone make any beasts yet?

Bloo

SOC-12
For some reason, I want to make a few space pets. Space Dog, Space Cat, and maybe a Space Lizard. The stuff is kind of hard to follow and parse, or is it just me?

Sadly, there's nothing for intelligence in the Beast stuff, so I did half-beast stuff, half-not particularly brilliant Sophont. This is mostly thinking-out-loud. Any ideas very welcome.

Space Dog (A medium-ish size)
Carnivore
Size: 4 (typical, 75cm)
Locomotion: Walker
Strength: Weak (Size * 1D?)
Speed 1: 6 (Standard)
Speed 2: Vquick (50 kph)
Weapon: Teeth

Body Structure:
Bilateral: HS/LL/LL/T (The second "LL", is not an option in the table)
Skeleton: Fluid Interior Sacs?
Fluids: Blood
Skin: Hairy Pelt
Weapon: Teeth
Manipulators: Mouth

Profile: (I don't understand this. I'm going to say Thin)
Density: Standard
Volume: 20L / 20kg / 0.02 Tons
Beastpower: 0.02 * 6^3 = 4.3 BP

Defer: Difficult
Obey: Difficult
LST Trainable: Difficult (though I might fiat Space Dogs are more trainable)
Edibility: Yes, Good?

Strength: 1D3+1
Agility: 2D
Vigor: 2D
Intelligence: 1D
Instinct: 2D
Charisma: 2D

Senses:
Vision: V-14-GBP

(14 is a guess to approximate 20/75 vision, which is apparently average)
Hearing: H-20-A5A2
(Their high range is 30-60 kHz)
Smell: S-14-6
(The 14 is another guess. Not sure how to factor in their huge advantages over humans here. One thought, they'd pick up smells well below Slight (1), and going by some references, their smell sense are 1,000 to 10,000,000 times better than a human, which would allow them to smell odors at .001 to .0000001 on the smell scale).
Touch: T-04-2
(Guessing here, they don't seem troubled much by rough textures).
Awareness: A-0?-A
(Thinking in far future, some dogs might be trained or bred to detect EM fields to some degree, but this may be a dumb idea).
Perception: P-02-TP
(I was thinking maybe a touch of the "dogs see ghosts/recognize evil" idea. Don't understand "Tone").

Talents:
I was thinking of a little bit of talents. Particularly, Curiousity and maybe a tough of Empath.

Back