• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Broadsword

Really nice use of iconic old architecture. The clouds look great.

Had you thought about a similar scene using steep pyramidal arcologies rising out of the clouds? Or a Broadsword descending towards the landing platform of a submarine arcology, with the waves a hundred meters below?
That sounds like a cool location. I'd have to see what an underwater arcology looks like. My only experience is with Rapture.

Beautiful rendition of structures I dislike intensely. "Tuning Fork Skyscrapers" seem a particularly bad idea.

Oh, I can make them look bad. It's a hit or miss thing with them in my scenes, too.

scene_4_post_sig.png

We're going to want large prints to frame and hang if you keep this up.

That would be nice. Depending on the resolution you could take the image to an office store with large format printers. I can go to 13x19 (I bought a large format printer really to print game maps...) but a poster-sized one would be cool. Not that I really have anyplace I could put it - most of my walls have book cases in front of them, overflowing with books (sadly most are not mine: my wife has a few libraries worth of fishing and management books; my SF&F collection does fill my bookcases in my basement office, but that's why there is no wall space. One can never have enough books!)

The tuck's a nice touch, as is the arcology-y thing in the left far ground.

What about an extendable tube from a structure on the edge of the pad, leading to the vessel, with a passenger tube linking the structure to the facility in the middle ground to the right of the ship?

What about an extendable tube from a structure on the edge of the pad, leading to the vessel, with a passenger tube linking the structure to the facility in the middle ground to the right of the ship?

Too long, I think by design they'd do better either with ground shuttles or going underground. They could build up "bunker style" an entry portal next to the pad to protect it from rocket blast et al (if that, indeed, is the point of the separation and the pits). I think the pits make cargo handling problematic as well.

Very nice picture. I'd suggest a variant of it camouflaged, landing or landed, in a jungle of towering trees with an obviously relatively low tech military compound next to it. Kind of goes with the whole mercenary operation thing.

Yep. Lots to add here still.

The object behind the hill is a parked Star Hammer. About 3 miles in length. It's a huge ground vehicle. Needs painting done to it.

Last edited:
Back