• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

MGT Only: Cleaning and Maintenance Robots in the Robot Handbook?

Spinward Scout

SOC-14 5K
Baron
Does anyone know if there are Cleaning and Maintenance type Robots in the Robot Handbook?

I'm thinking there should be a set of Robots to buy if you are the only person in a Scout/Courier. Or a set of Robots to get per 100 tons of ship.

Cleaner Bots
Butler Bots
Ship Maintenance Bots
Piracy Repelling Bots

Or do you just assume the ship has these built-in?

I assume nothing. And I don't know if the book includes maintenance and cleaning bots in it. But I would just make stuff up for things that have no impact on combat and are really just chrome.

Having said that, though: some of that "chrome" could have game mechanical effects. Maintenance bots may decrease the yearly maintenance fees, cleaning bots could reduce the life support costs, that sort of thing.

I do agree that a single person ship probably should have some support automation built-in to help. Countering that, though, is a week in jump is a long time. I know when I've had extended time to myself, I even get to cleaning the floorboards.

And finally: I've not purchased the Robot Book so cannot say what it has to offer.

Back