• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Colfax, CA Group Looking for Growth

saundby

SOC-14 1K
I've got a group in Colfax, CA that's been meeting regularly for two years to play a mix of games including Traveller, Pathfinder, AD&D 1st ed., Call of Cthulhu, Tunnels and Trolls, RoonVenture, Mutants and Masterminds, and probably some others I've forgotten. Pathfinder and Traveller are the dominant games. CT is the current flavor of Traveller.

We usually have two campaigns going on any given night, so there's a choice. We're lucky to have a lot of people willing to run games. The age range goes from teens to fifties, spread pretty evenly across that spectrum. We have a mix of dedicated and casual gamers.

We're at a point where life has has a number of our players move on--to college, moving for work, etc. So we're looking to add some more friends to our group. We used to get about 13 to 20 players a night, now we're down to 5 to 9, so we're looking to bump things back up again.

If you're in the area, we play on Friday nights at a chapel in Colfax. Drop me a messsage via email (I'm not as regular about checking my mail here as I should be.) saundby at saundby.com.

We'll also be having some pick-up games over the holidays--board game days or one-shot adventures to try out new rules or houserules, which might be a good opportunity to get to know us.

Just a bump to the original message. We've added one great new player (who is now running an MT adventure for us) thanks to CotI, and we've still got room for more. If you're in the area, we'd love to have you come by and check out our game.

Another bump to reiterate that we are here & open to new players. Our group varies from about 6 to 12 players each Saturday. We regularly play Traveller and DT&T, plus other systems (Paranoia, OD&D, Monsters! Monsters!, Aftermath, etc.) in rotation, with each campaign running from 3 to 9 months or so, and occasional one-offs or 3 week fillers as well as board game days 2-3x/year.

Just adding a footnote that I have relocated to central Florida. However, there were at least two groups still playing Traveller, at least part-time, in the Sierra Foothills area near Colfax when I left in 2019.

I recommend contacting John (the owner) at Cosmic Comix in Auburn to be directed to the Traveller players in the area. Even if it's only online gaming right now, being in the same area, time zone, etc. and having at least the possibility of meeting in person can add to a group's cohesion.

Meanwhile, I am now in The Villages, FL. I hope to help establish this as the premier roleplaying gamer retirement community in the U.S. The Villages is big enough to support a lot of non-mainstream interest groups, part of the reason we moved here.

Presently, I'm willing to consider running games for a small F2F group with appropriate precautions. CT or MT. If we form a group of Villagers, we would be able to meet at a rec center, probably initially on a prescheduled game night activity for the center.

A Zoom group is also a possibility. I have a paid Zoom account (I currently use it to run meetings for the local astronomy club.)

I will post a separate recruiting post here for my new location at some point, but for now, if you're interested, PM me or email at saundby (at) saundby (dot) com

Back