• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Favorite Chapter (Spoilers Likely)

But that aside I do have the question: how long has Marc known that the cave in was no accident?!?! Since 1981* ?!?!

Like the Aslan "secret", maybe it's been around forever?

When I went back and re-read it, I couldn't work out how Jonathan knew of the boarded-up tunnels, nor that they were dodgy at that one point.

But I'm more interested in him getting his hands on the Vilani Forbidden Knowledge. I'm guessing that the "bubble ships" he saw twice were pretty similar to the Ancient ship in Secret of the Ancients?

15 to 20 sectors out...

Or even further...

In one aside, Bland casually states that the next spiral arm trailing is barren of life.

In another, he mentions gas giant lifeforms are rare in Chartered Space and commonplace beyond it.

In the chapter featuring the planet which gets partially "bobbled", Bland flatly states the Imperium has met people who can make such force fields but they won't sell the technology and the Imperium can't steal it.

I remember reading an article many years ago in either White Dwarf or Dragon presenting the idea of Black Zones - systems the Imperium not only quarantines but also denies the very existence of.

At the time, I thought it was a somewhat interesting idea. After reading AotI, I believe it's a certainty.

Or even further...

In one aside, Bland casually states that the next spiral arm trailing is barren of life.

In another, he mentions gas giant lifeforms are rare in Chartered Space and commonplace beyond it.

In the chapter featuring the planet which gets partially "bobbled", Bland flatly states the Imperium has met people who can make such force fields but they won't sell the technology and the Imperium can't steal it.

I remember reading an article many years ago in either White Dwarf or Dragon presenting the idea of Black Zones - systems the Imperium not only quarantines but also denies the very existence of.

Lots of interesting leads.

At the time, I thought it was a somewhat interesting idea. After reading AotI, I believe it's a certainty.

Definitely.

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Or even further...

They've been a near certainty since Adv 12...

Back