• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Lee's Guide to Local Space

robject

SOC-14 10K
Admin Award
Marquis
For all who remember Lee's Guide to Interstellar Adventure, and for all who don't, be aware that Greg Lee has three self-published novels in a gritty sci-fi setting. Although it's not the OTU, the background and technolgy was of course influenced by Traveller, as well as AD2300. You'll feel both influences in his books.

So far, I've read the first two, have my hands on the third book, and am looking forward to reading the next in the series. They're very readable, and move fast. The Scout/Noble character is likably obnoxious, the Pilot is cool and snobbish, and the Marine is grim and formally brusque -- resulting in a great mix when they're forced together.

Here's a quote from him. Don't worry about the parts you don't understand now. You will.

self-aggrandizing advertising: Books 1 and 2 of The Laughing Lip are available on Kindle and that old-style paper crap (Amazon.com). "Book N+1" ("Long-Remembering Harpers") is also out (SPOILER ALERT: 73 years after Book 2, and the characters of the first two books are mostly dead, rather like Wesley the Farm-boy). I am now out of "inventory," and will have to get down to Book 3 and finally work out what happens to O'Meath, Avinashini, Urwah, Fahnisht, and Hogajue-Two (yes, he is already nicknamed "Jue-Too" in my head). Blood-debt WILL finally be paid, if you like that sort of thing.

Last edited:
Back