• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Lithkind (Canon-icity)?

When I first submitted the K'trekreer Sector to TravellerMap we came to decision that the Lithkind where not really Canon, so we left them out.

Now, according to the TrevallerWiki, they are canon (See Lithkind Article).

So, should we be adding them back in again?

I did the same for the Nooq sphere and the Inheritors.

Canon or not, that wiki entry is a bit too much like a quote. The authors list is also for the whole book, not the Lithkind.

You have to take many of Dave Pulver's aliens in the GT Aliens books with a big pinch of salt since they were ported directly from his Space Master write ups. Most if not all of them are thus non canonical, trouble is the wiki authors appear to have ported them directly to the wiki from the Gt books not knowing their status.

You have to take many of Dave Pulver's aliens in the GT Aliens books with a big pinch of salt since they were ported directly from his Space Master write ups. Most if not all of them are thus non canonical, trouble is the wiki authors appear to have ported them directly to the wiki from the Gt books not knowing their status.

They are canon for the GTU. Since Marc's original announcement of the SJG license noted that the GTU was "non-authoritative"... technically, nothing in GT counts until corroborated or overwritten.

I know the story behind the races. I was on the playtest for those books. Everyone knew their source during the playtest. When asked, TPTB said yes they are to be included. Later David told the story the aliens were written for his Traveller campaign, submitted to JTAS, but never published. When Loren heard the story he asked David to include the races in the books.

They are Canonical in the wiki because GT is still broadly canon.

Of all David's races the Lithkind are a favorite. Please add them back in.

Don't you think you had better ask Marc if he wants any of Pulver's Space Master aliens for the OTU?

And as Aramis has pointed out GT is only canonical for the GT ATU, not the OTU.

Don't you think you had better ask Marc if he wants any of Pulver's Space Master aliens for the OTU?

And as Aramis has pointed out GT is only canonical for the GT ATU, not the OTU.

It has been asked. And he did the last time I reviewed it with him.

The wiki article has also been updated more. It is hopefully approaching a level that Jim Kundert will approve of. I know that's inviting...

GT and T5 OTU have overlap. It's too broad a brush to categorically separate the two. They're married.

Shalom,
M.

There are rather far reaching consequences of including the GT Alien Races in the OTU, has Marc considered their setting smashing effects? I am thinking specifically of the Goa'uld rip off Valkyrie. Or is that one of the reasons he wants to include them... :devil: :CoW:

One of the things I like about T5 and AotI is that they present an OTU that is the same but different, and has definitely moved with the more current tropes of sci-fi.

Some of the GT alien races fit right into this new paradigm, not that any of them stand a hope against the Abyssals...

Last edited:
Update: Mongoose asked about the Lithkind during the draft review of their 2020-2021 Aliens of Charted Space books. The resolution, with Marc's approval, is that the Lithkind are now Canon, and sit in the location once occupied by the mysterious and under documented Lishun Suugugki. The Lishun, described by their creator (as far as we can tell) only as "Vilani Nomads" have been defined as nomadic. They have a rough territory, but no real home systems.

Last edited:
As of the last I knew the Inheritors and their partial Dyson sphere were marked as non-canon and removed from the map.

The Inheritors may still exist somewhere, but their mysterious home has been erased.

Back