• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Logaksu Random Word Gen

robject

SOC-14 10K
Admin Award
Marquis
Has anyone done tables for Logaksu random word generation?

Does anyone know of published examples of Logaksu words??

I'm interested in cooking up the tables, and so I am looking for examples.

Lexicon
Llananae Tourz. "Devoured Sector" (C53 p54)
Logaksu.
Raughantz. "Corridor" (C53 p54)

I'll use the world names around Lair as well; they appear to be somewhat distinctive.

Last edited:
If you intend to make one, please make sure it includes all the letters to spell the above words!

e.g. Vilani is an odd language name as it doesn't actually have a V in the letter set!

etc.

Thanks for that! I actually found one issue.

V's are funny things... by my ear, the Greek 'Beta' sounds like a V. And the ancestor language of Vilani DID have a 'V'. And who knows how Anglic messes up orthography...

If you intend to make one, please make sure it includes all the letters to spell the above words!

e.g. Vilani is an odd language name as it doesn't actually have a V in the letter set!

etc.
Consider that "Vilani" may actually be the Terran name for the language, based on what some "missionaries" heard when trying to learn the language from natives. It's why so many non-Romance languages that use the Latin alphabet have such weird spellings that don't seem to match the pronunciation. There's fanac out there for Vilani that actually makes out that what the Vilani call themselves (and their language) is perhaps closer to "Bilani", perhaps matching the sound of the Greek Β/β - or perhaps not even quite that, either.

(example of the Latin alphabet not being ideal for a language: the sound at the beginning of the word for cow, written "vaca", is not the same sound as at the beginning of English word "victory". Some people hear it that way, other hear it as though it should be written 'baka', and still others hear a sound intermediate between the two.)

Back