• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

General Looking for "Turley" info (Take 2)

Maybe I was asking this in the wrong forum. I got no responses in The Lone Star but I'm hoping given the description of this forum there will be more interest. (If there isn't I promise I won't whine about it this time. 🤓)
I'm looking for as much canonical (or fanonical) information on the planet Turley (Empty Quarter 2523) as I can get. So far I only have the Imperial Encyclopedia article which like its companion pieces Deep Space Station and Saeghvung-Turley-Exile Run came from Jason Kemp's articles in Stellar Reaches 2. There are other references to the planet in later issues of the Stellar Reaches fanzine but nothing substantially different. What little I've seen looks intriguing and I would like to develop it further but not if it steps on anyone's toes. I've been making some assumptions due to its Class A starport and its central position in the Saexile Run but given its Ni trade code they might not be appropriate. Ultimately I want use GT: Starports to design both the highport and downport but I need more info on the planet itself to make it realistic. Does anyone know what the author's intentions (if any) were for this world?
More detailed information on any of the worlds on this run would be helpful even if you have to make it up from bare bones (aka. the wiki). Even if Jason Kemp chose not to develop this setting I think (with a bit of tweaking) it has some potential.
Dalton “Please! I could really use some help here.” Spence

Chances are good that Stellar Reaches is the sole source for this. The four worlds on the route all have their own wiki pages, and all have more info from other issues of Stellar Reaches, so there is that.

If you want outside inspiration, that's doable.

It appears that Exile as portrayed in Stellar Reaches and the UWP on Traveller Map do not agree, for example. A "Conflicting Information" note has been added, with some explanation in the attached Discussion page.

Last edited:
It appears that Exile as portrayed in Stellar Reaches and the UWP on Traveller Map do not agree, for example. A "Conflicting Information" note has been added, with some explanation in the attached Discussion page.
UWP matches. The differences in the detailed system data are because TravMap generates those procedurally without reference to the Wiki or canon world descriptions.

Last edited:
TravMap generates those procedurally
Pretty sure the PPG numbers are part of the data that Traveller Map *receives*. And you can find plenty of fringe sectors that don't have the full T5 suite of data.

The only procedural generation I'm aware of is the world maps, and that's only so the same physical UWP doesn't produce the same map each time it comes up. Those maps are also not part of Traveller Map, but a different site by a different person. They coordinate, but are not the same.

Also, Traveller Map replaces that procedural world map if a published world map exists and has been called to their attention.

In the case of Exile, I just looked up the oldest version of the sector available, from the HIWG archives and dated in 1990. Even then, Exile had only the mainworld belt. Why Stellar Reaches chose to add two more is something you'll have to ask them.

The choice to remove the Red Zone is probably with the T5SS project though.

The "History and Background" section of the Exile wiki page comes straight from page 10 of Stellar Reaches 2 while the Turley wiki page description comes from page 11, Sahale's wiki page description from page 17 and the Saeghvung wiki page description from page 32 of Stellar Reaches 9. Jason (Flynn) Kemp apparently gave the Traveller Wiki permission to reprint many of his articles from Stellar Reaches so this is not surprising. (One of the reasons I'd like to communicate with him if possible.) Sadly Asoekh is one of the worlds with no "History and Background" data on its wiki page which probably explains why Saeghvung was chosen as the coreward terminus of the run instead. (That and pirate adventures near a D-class starport probably seem more interesting that simply refueling near a B-class one.:rolleyes:)
Dalton “who will not talk like a pirate” Spence

Back