• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

new Classic Traveller site

Skoo

SOC-6
Yes, another Classic Traveller site has been born. It's so new, in fact, that I'm still having it debugged (the usual - misdirected links, typos, problem d/l's, blah, blah, blah). 23 years of history and 2 weeks of hacking code has churned out my tribute to CT, Morningstar Down (www.morningstar.f2s.com). This site will only support CT - no Mega, TNE, T4 or GURPS (although T4 might be unintentionally supported due to rule similarities). I LIKE CT... I never felt the need to change. I'm just a Classic kinda guy.

If you get a chance, drop on by. I offer starships, weapons, equipment, adventure hooks, etc. just to liven up the game. Most designs are homegrown with some adaptations from other games, books, and films. I also have software to ease the burden of GMs (mainly because I've been one for so long, and *dammit* working out designs and tables is just too darn time-consuming).

Anyway, if you get the chance, stop by for a visit. Vaccsuits not mandatory.

Skoo

Very Impressive site! I like.

With regards to your CT Utility - initially couldn't set it up...it crashed I went into the Setup.lst file (with note-pad) and changed two things:

Section: [Files]
Third line: changed 'RichEd32.dl_' and 'RichEd32.dll' to 'RichEd32a.dl_' and 'RichEd32a.dll'. Then I went back out into the downloaded CTUtilityV091c folder and changed an actual file name from 'RichEd32.dl_' to 'RichEd32a.dl_'
*For some reason, this had caused a sharing error during set-up. The name change fixed that.

Ninth line: changed 'Readme.tx_' to 'Readme.txt'
*Just fixing a typo that caused a crash in the set-up. Is okay, with this fix.

Afterwhich, the program installed right away!

By the way: great program! Love to be able to button-push and get what I need right away! Loading it up on the Laptop for use in the RPG! Looking forward to more - Merc battles, Merchanter trade routes, etc. Awesome work! Loved the story seed program - who needs written adventures? Not in CT!

Gats'

Thanks, Darium. Nice to be here. I didn't know there was anyone on this board that lived so close!

I guess I should pay more attention to where author's are from, desu ne?
wink.gif

Back