• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

New release date for Spinward Traveller, other projects

The project creator has released an update that states the "new" release date for Spinward Traveller and similar projects have been moved up/delayed until August 2017. Details and commentary are available on the comments section. I am posting the text below with names, harsh language and contact information redacted/removed. I did not correct creator's spelling or grammar. I have posted the text of the Spinward Traveller update below:

Dear backers:

We have set a new release date for August 1, 2017. Of course we hope to get your project to you way before that date, but would rater surprise you then disappoint you again.
Sorry it has taken so long, there have been many sit backs in my life, and there are a few backers that actually follow and harass me online, effecting my ability to make a living and produce this product.

Although their actions are highly illegal it it very difficult to enforce laws across state lines without spending money, AND I would prefer to spend said money on this project instead. Some of these harassment include copywrite infringement, libel, slander, contacting employers, contacting loved ones, and even contact my children.

So please, if you have a problem with me, contact me at [redacted], OR at least be civilized and use our current court system if you believe I have wronged you in anyway. There are much better ways of handing a situation then cyberstalking, and harassing my loved ones.

I have updated the IMDB page tonight, however it will take a few days to fix itself. I will update you when I have downloads for you guys.
My sincerest apology for letting you down on the timeline, BUT I am going to finish this project. I have NOT given up and you will see this wonderful project.
If you would like to ask questions about the project below, please feel free to post them. I will most likely only answer questions I feel help clarify information about this project.

Last edited:
Here's the same announcement from the "other side of the hill" so to speak.

While the truth usually lies somewhere between two conflicting statements, given Whitman's track record and legal troubles, I'd be hesitant to believe anything he writes.

I'd be hesitant to believe anything he writes.

I was hesitant, also. But the text of the update (and the future release date) was all I really wanted to pass on.
I encourage other backers to visit the project page and read for themselves.

Thanks for the edit. :)

Last edited:
And we roll for saving throw... Whew. Yes, GM says we don't believe the intel given to us by the untrustworthy agent from the shady mega-corp.

[m;]While we, the staff, understand the frustration of the backers, please, remember no insults (group or personal) are allowed in this board[/m;]

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an email saying that they'd finished the end credits (woot?) and, for $10, I could have my name in the credits.

As I understand it this was one of the original Kickstarter rewards, which is now being offered to folks who put up additional money.

All I can cite is my own cautionary tale:

1. Did some work for his company, did not get paid.
2. Accepted his excuse and did more work for new company, did not get paid.
3. Approached to do some more work, queried first two, never heard anything else.

I would strongly advise folks to wait for something concrete to appear before throwing good money after bad.

Which scam? The one everyone already paid into and got nothing so far, or a new scam based upon the old scam? Or is it still the same scam?

Bleh, too much, too far.

I think, were I in his position and acting in good faith, I'd be wanting to release things that are done to prove they are done before asking for more money and I'd want to maintain very open lines of communication at this point.

I'm not so sure he's as much a crook as a walking disaster. We all know what the road to hell is paved with.

Personally, while I have my doubts, I'd very much like to see this finished and released.

Back