• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Now I've seen a T5 weapon option in real life

Baroun Tardis

SOC-12
Baronet
Ya know how on the T5 Gunmaker, there's that option for "Oversized" ?

How that seemed kinda ... "Who would do this?"

Now me know

Have you seen the M1911A1 variant that has two of them welded together effectively?

There are also pump action double barrel shotguns.

The .22 multi barrel minigun looks good too :)

As I recall, twelve gauge is about optimum, anything larger is for increasingly bigger game.

At those calibres, you start thinking about grenades.

As I recall, twelve gauge is about optimum, anything larger is for increasingly bigger game.

At those calibres, you start thinking about grenades.

It's 23mm. Apparently the gun company had a bad run for anti-aircraft cannon barrels, and realized they'd explode if used with high pressure cartridges....
And decided to make shotguns rather than trash the barrels.
The apparently make slug, buckshot, plus flashbangs, tear gas, and a ton of other special purpose stuff

Which, I guess, is the long way around to saying: "Yes, you're abosolutely right about it being more of a grenade launcher"

23mm goes back to ww2; afaik the "shotgun" it is tear gas leo weapon, not to be confused with normal Baikal shotgun, US sold as Remington.

Neat way to jump start our jump drives.

That and something else hit in my mind just now...

Imagine if you will...
There's this alien race that built a huge solar array in tight orbit around thier sun. Soaking up huge amounts of juice... and they link the power to a quantum energy device, so you can call on that power to charge your jump drive rather than using a reactor and fuel in the ship.
But using the device dis-entangles the thing... so there's the cartridges with a crystal in them that holds a communication qubit, and you just pull out the dead cartridge and put in a new one.

So they really would use a "starter cartridge" like that to crank up their jump drives.....

Might need to be a rather dense energy storage.

A pellet with the equivalent of the energy requirement, released all at once.

That reminds me of a story I heard from a Royal Armouries worker who was asked, for forms sake, to register his weapon with the local police. As a smooth-bore weapon it was decided the most appropriate entry was as a 1/9-bore shotgun!

(He was trailing a 17th century 9pdr Saker about the country.)

His accompanying black-powder license was also interesting reading.

Back