• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Reviews of TSAO! Products

Greetings Terrans,

It's been a while since I posted on COTI, so I thought I'd start with a few links to some reviews I've posted on my blog, on the most recent TSAO! products:-

50 Wonders of the Reticulan Empire:-
https://alegisdownport.wordpress.com/2017/07/30/50-wonders-of-the-reticulan-empire-review/

These Stars Are Ours! Primer:-
https://alegisdownport.wordpress.com/2017/06/29/these-stars-are-ours-primer-review/

These Stars Are Ours!
https://alegisdownport.wordpress.com/2017/03/19/these-stars-are-ours-review/

I hope they prove useful to anyone that is considering purchasing these excellent products!

Best wishes
Steve

They're great products~! I sort of wonder how much the Terrans, and other conquered races, might be architecturally or aesthetically influenced by the Reticulans.

Makes me imagine in later years, we see Terran weapons looking like stuff out of 50s scifi movies, or battle dress that has this sleek 1950s atomic powered look to it~.

Thanks for the reviews!

They're great products~! I sort of wonder how much the Terrans, and other conquered races, might be architecturally or aesthetically influenced by the Reticulans.

Makes me imagine in later years, we see Terran weapons looking like stuff out of 50s scifi movies, or battle dress that has this sleek 1950s atomic powered look to it~.
Thanks!

Terrans were always a backwater colony of the Reticulans, albeit one converted into an arms manufacturing center and source of troops to fight the Chiwak. The Reticulans also restricted the flow of some manufacturing techniques into Terran space, and many Terran colonies are TL12-, while Reticulan space is uniformly mature TL13. Terran tech was always less graceful than Reticulan designs and in essence is "hybrid" technology - lower-tech Terran manufacturing combined with several high-tech Reticulan components. For example, jump drives are very sleek high-tech devices, once imported from Reticulan space and now manufactured in the Terran core; Terrans install these graceful devices into much cruder starships.

Battle Dress looks a bit clunky but again, has a Reticulan-style retro-futuristic microfusion power-core in its back.

"Pure" Reticulan products are highly sought after in Terran space. You can buy Technate imports, which are expensive. However, you can buy everything cheap from the Cicek - at your own risk. Quality may vary as expected from knock-offs made in "Cottage Industry" of anarchistic space geckos!

New naval ships, especially post-War ones, are far sleeker than the early-mid-War designs.

I picked up a copy of UFO on DriveThru, and was quite impressed with it. Combined with Cepheus Modern, you could have a lot of fun playing in the early years of Project Blue Book. To get an idea of those years, you can find Edward Ruppelt's book, The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects, on Project Gutenberg. That would provide a lot of ideas for anything from a short adventure to a sustained campaign, similar to Zozer Games Attack Squadron: Roswell.

Back