• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Starting Online Cepheus/Traveller game 10/28

Nightwind1

SOC-12
starting a new online Cepheus game on Friday 10/28, running Fridays at 7:30pm Central Standard Time (I'm in Iowa). Have three or four long-time friends playing, but might have room for one to three more.

Will be using Owlbear Rodeo for maps, still figuring out which voice app to use. (Any suggestions for a good, reliable, FREE voice app would be appreciated.)

Rules will be Cepheus Engine SRD, with some house rules. Have been playing Traveller since 1977, so I will probably be pulling from a lot of different sources. I'm still pondering if it will be in the Imperium or a new universe. I'll pin that down this week.

Tone will probably be basic Traveller/Firefly/Dark Matter/Babylon 5 vibe, more space opera than hard-sf, more sandbox than railroad.

Let me know here if interested. Any questions or discussion can go here.

I could participate in this. I prefer a role as the engineer, technician, boffin, or what-have-you, of the group. The 'MacGyver' if you will. I'd suggest using a Discord channel if you only want text and audio. Easy to set up and a common site many gamers use.

(Any suggestions for a good, reliable, FREE voice app would be appreciated.)

I'll second that Discord suggestion above. As long as you don't require video, Discord is easy and reliable. I've been using it for years now and have only had problems with it once or twice, which is nothing compared to the problems I used to have with Skype before that.

Did you get your game up and running last year?
It kind of comes and goes, what with real life and all.

I'm going to try to kick it into gear again in a few weeks, picking up where we left it off, during the "High and Dry" adventure. The volcano just exploded.

Back