• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

The Lone Star Chain of Restaurants

OK, I remember The Lone Star chain of restaurants being mentioned by Hunter Gordon back when T20 first came out. I was wondering if anyone saved the write-up for that from back in the day. I've already looked at the wiki, but that doesn't have any details like what the decor is on the inside. Any help would be appreciated.

Is this a Traveller thing, or an Earth thing. As there is, or at least used to be, a chain of "Lone Star Steakhouse" restaurants.

We used to frequent the one near us, but a couple years ago, it unceremoniously shut the doors with note telling employees that they had closed. Thought that was a little coarse.

Is this a Traveller thing, or an Earth thing. As there is, or at least used to be, a chain of "Lone Star Steakhouse" restaurants.

It is a Traveller thing. It is also in T5 as a common chain in Starports. (The GURPS Traveller equvalent was Brubeck's).

We used to frequent the one near us, but a couple years ago, it unceremoniously shut the doors with note telling employees that they had closed. Thought that was a little coarse.

I liked Lone Stars as well (esp. the 5 Star Bacon-wrapped fillet), but I got the impression that a number of them were poorly managed.

OK, I remember The Lone Star chain of restaurants being mentioned by Hunter Gordon back when T20 first came out. I was wondering if anyone saved the write-up for that from back in the day. I've already looked at the wiki, but that doesn't have any details like what the decor is on the inside. Any help would be appreciated.
Is this what you are thinking of, Jeff?
Emilio D'Jour, Lonestar Lounge Chat room Maitre'd, LSCR restraunt.
(open Sundays/ reservations and pre-orders accepted! All Imperial credit cards accepted). Tipping, its not just required, its
expected!
It is from a poll about how do you like your K'kree servred located here.

Is this what you are thinking of, Jeff?

It is from a poll about how do you like your K'kree servred located here.
Yes and no. It is, but there was much more flavor text about it.

We had horrible service and a horrible meal at one near our home. My 15 year old son looked at me and said "Dad it's called "LONE STAR" what kind of service did you expect?" He's 21 now and more witty than before. I think it's a Green Turtle now.

I never had a really bad experience at ours. In the old days, the service staff would do a line dance every 1/2 hour. That was fun.

As I touched on above, I always enjoyed the food, but on more than one occasion I remember standing and waiting at the entrance foyer for 10+ minutes waiting for one of the staff in their late teens (apparently overseen by a manager in his/her late teens as well) to materialize from the back area and get me seated, while several teen-aged servers socialized with each other for 10 minutes over by the kitchen entrance not mentioning to anyone that there was someone standing at the front.

One one occasion after finally being seated by someone and waiting another 15-20 minutes at my table, my server finally showed up and asked me: "So do you know what you would like?", to which my response was: "Yes, I would like a menu."

Back