• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Rules Only: Welcome to the Referee's Lounge

aramis

Administrator
Administrator
Baronet
Thanks to The Honorable Spenser TR, and a moot vote, we have this new Refereeing Forum.

Prefixes should be required - list the system in use.

Edition warring will be considered off topic.

"Discussion of how to (and not to) Referee Traveller and Cepheus Engine games." Hmm . . .

Does this include using Traveller / Cepheus within a variety of fictional settings that were, in turn, derived from classic and contemporary literary and cinematic resources?

"Discussion of how to (and not to) Referee Traveller and Cepheus Engine games." Hmm . . .

Does this include using Traveller / Cepheus within a variety of fictional settings that were, in turn, derived from classic and contemporary literary and cinematic resources?

With the correct prefixes, yes. WRM... need to go add Cepheus to the general Traveller set.

After an absence I come back and see this here... it makes me smile.

Off to read a bunch of threads. And perhaps reply.

:D

I guess it doesn't matter to me one way or the other, but I'm curious: Why the extra forum?

I mean, if I wanted to post a Ref question about CT, why would I want to do it in this forum vs. the CT forum?

I guess it doesn't matter to me one way or the other, but I'm curious: Why the extra forum?

I mean, if I wanted to post a Ref question about CT, why would I want to do it in this forum vs. the CT forum?

You'd post it in the CT forum if you want more CT related commentary, here if you are wanting a broader stroke.

IMO this forum is more about player management, techniques to deal with many content issues, session/campaign tips, and general topics of interest to refs that are more psychological or entertainment philosophy oriented common to most versions of Traveller.

You'd post it in the CT forum if you want more CT related commentary, here if you are wanting a broader stroke.

IMO this forum is more about player management, techniques to deal with many content issues, session/campaign tips, and general topics of interest to refs that are more psychological or entertainment philosophy oriented common to most versions of Traveller.

Right, this is the intent

Imagine someone posts a good adive on refreeing in general on the MgT forum while answering someone. If you are not involved in MgT, you'd lose it.

What we all have in common is not only that we like Traveller, but we like RPGs, and general advice on it is not related to any Traveller versión, not even to any specific RPG in some cases.

This was aked to the moot as a poll and obtained nearluy 66% approval of the voting moot members

Right, this is the intent

Imagine someone posts a good adive on refreeing in general on the MgT forum while answering someone. If you are not involved in MgT, you'd lose it.

What we all have in common is not only that we like Traveller, but we like RPGs, and general advice on it is not related to any Traveller versión, not even to any specific RPG in some cases.

This was aked to the moot as a poll and obtained nearluy 66% approval of the voting moot members

That makes sense. I guess I'd used to go to the Lone Star for that before. In that light, this forum does seem more appropriate.

Back