• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

What Do You Think of the New Forums?

What Do You Think of the New Forums?

• I don't particularly like them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate em! This is a conspiracy by Dulinor and/or Virus to take over!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by hunter:
We've just installed the forum upgrade, so let us know what you think of it!
If you have a particular gripe or reason you don't like the new boards (other than cookies, I can't change that right now), you can post a comment here in reply.

Hunter

to me...all of the new forums seem "cleaner and more "crisp"... easier to read...i wear glasses
now and ANYTHING that helps is greatly appreaciated!!! also does not seem so "cluttered"
its seems more spread out to me ----all in all ----VAST IMPROVMENT ----- thanxx

I think the margins are too graphics heavy, and there are too many options for allowing users to add even more useless flashy graphics.

I do like the fact these board can keep the cookies for the Opera browser correctly. And they must stay for that reason alone.

Originally posted by tjoneslo:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by hunter:
I think the margins are too graphics heavy, and there are too many options for allowing users to add even more useless flashy graphics.
</font>[/QUOTE]Hmm, I don't think it has any more graphics that the previous version, and I didn't allow anyone but the admins and moderators permission to use the avatars. Is there anything particular you are referring to?

I do like the fact these board can keep the cookies for the Opera browser correctly. And they must stay for that reason alone.
Heh well glad that works better! I'm not planning to go back to the older version unless for some reason this one crashes and burns (which I doubt).

Hunter

Hmm, I don't think it has any more graphics that the previous version, and I didn't allow anyone but the admins and moderators permission to use the avatars.
You might want to double check that setting since I was able to use an avatar and last time I checked I was still just a peon.

Originally posted by tjoneslo:
I believe you can turn off the 'avatars' by setting a preference in your profile.
alpha.gif

Originally posted by DaveShayne:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by hunter:
Hmm, I don't think it has any more graphics that the previous version, and I didn't allow anyone but the admins and moderators permission to use the avatars.
You might want to double check that setting since I was able to use an avatar and last time I checked I was still just a peon.</font>[/QUOTE]It was open for everyone to use for awhile, and if you had selected an avatar during that period it won't turn it off unless you change it in your profile. I don't think anyone who doesn't already have one can do so now.

I may open it up again, but the default avatars kinda suck (not sci-fi). I'm hesitant to let anyone use a custom avatar as that might end up with a lot of broken images.

Hunter

I like it..I can post and it remmembers my password even after i leave and comeback..no more digging thru my notes to find it!!!

Wow, they look great! Are you thinking of adding an ICQ or similar messaging service to the profile field, so that those logged on can communicate to another?

...Not that I have loaded ICQ on this antique...

Originally posted by kafka47:
Wow, they look great! Are you thinking of adding an ICQ or similar messaging service to the profile field, so that those logged on can communicate to another?

...Not that I have loaded ICQ on this antique...
There are fields in your profile for entering an AIM or ICQ id. This update also has a private messaging system, but I haven't activated it. Is this a feature you folks would have use of?

Hunter

Given the responses to your question on messaging.....

Personally, no. Private mesages are rarely useful to me. Other folks probably have other opinions on that.

I've even gone so far as to disable IM'ing on my computer, because I am a horribly slow typist to begin with. One of the reasons that I prefer message boards is because I can read at my leisure the other folk's messages, and take my time in replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back