• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

General What Versions of Traveller Books Did You Buy in the Last 6 Months?

What Traveller Books Have You Purchased in the Last 6 Months?

• Classic Traveller

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • MegaTraveller

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • TNE

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • T4

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • T5

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Mongoose Traveller 1e

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Mongoose Traveller 2e

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • GURPS Traveller

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Cepheus Engine

Votes: 24 31.2%
  • I haven't bought any in the last 6 months

Votes: 17 22.1%

• Total voters
I agree that the TAS license is too limiting to Foreven Sector. Myself, I cannot use that license to write about:
These titles I'm drafting cannot be covered by the TAS License. There is a Charted Space out there and writers willing to place amazing journeys in it.

From the writers desk, this is the Pakkrat
The new TAS license has expanded far beyond Foreven. I think you are selling yourself way way too short Pakkrat.
Rules

Your work can use any of the game system rules and game terms found in the current edition Traveller books published by Mongoose Publishing.
So when rules and stats are concerned, true, you must make sure it follows MgT2e. The Traveller Companion expanded options greatly. Sounds like a one trick poni if the adventures could require a rule or game mechanic from another system that without the whole aventure falls apart.
Settings

You are allowed to use the Traveller setting as presented in the current Traveller edition books published by Mongoose Publishing as well as any Mongoose-published book covering the official Third Imperium setting (for example, Spinward Marches). This includes the names of all characters, races, and places and all gear, equipment and vessels; the capitalized names and original names of places, countries, creatures, geographic locations, historic events, items, ships, and organizations presented in those books.

To be clear, the setting of 2300AD is not open for use at this time.
I won't address the ownership legalities. From a content perspective that basically means you can write about places beyond Foreven. Actually, I think Foreven is the only place you I think cannot write about now because it was not actually detailed in any MgT1e Third Imperium book (but I have been wrong before...)

Last edited:
Actually, I think Foreven is the only place you I think cannot write about now because it was not actually detailed in any MgT1e Third Imperium book (but I have been wrong before...)

Foreven is a grey area. No one has yet to stop anyone from working there but the license doesn't actually say you can. I did actually consider leaving Foreven behind when MGT2e launched but ultimately stuck with it because I had Foreven products in the pipeline and I was known for Foreven. Several years into this version, I want to play with toys above TL 10 that aren't Zhodani. So I'm thinking the Solomani Rim. Earth is TL 15 and there's plenty of good stories to tell there.

You did not include T20 as an option. It came up on Bundle of Holding a few months ago and I bought it.

All Mongoose 2E right now. I'm trying to get a group going at my LFGS when (read: if) things get back to normal. Since that is what is currently published and what my store can order in for potential players that's what I like to play. But so much Traveller stuff is easily compatible that I pick up other things once in a while.

Back