• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

An Interesting Find

So, I printed off a bunch of charts and tables a while back. I think it must have been off of the FFE page with the 1001 gunmaker examples because I can't find it on my CD. Anyhow, while digging through the charts I discovered that the H2 Worldgen fill form is somewhat misprinted. There's a list of guns and armor that starts about half way down the page.. More particularly, it's the guns and armor from Classic Traveller. I checked a couple and they match up with the gun maker information.

The full list is Revolver, Heavy Autopistol, Snub Pistol, Laser Pistol, Adv Disposable Laser Pistol, Heavy Carbine, Heavy Rifle, Assault Rifle, Advanced Combat Rifle, Gaus Rifle, Accelerator Rifle, Shotgun, Submachinegun, Laser Rifle, Adv Disposible Laser Rifle, PGMP-12, PGMP-14, FGMP-14, Heavy FGMP-15, Heavy FGMP-16, Combat Armor, Combat Environment Suit, Battle Dress-14, Battle Dress-15, Battle Dress-16, Experimental VaccSuit-8, VaccSuit-10, VaccSuit-12, Disposable VaccSuit-15.

Though, I do have to reassess the snub designation, it does in fact add one to damage and so is probably the classic mini grenade launcher pistol we all know and love.

StSnP-7 Bullet-3 0.77kg Range 4 Burden -3 Cost 220.

huh...must be a weird misprint of some sort. I've got three copies of it but I can't find the file. The one on FFE's page doesn't have it. Maybe they fixed it?

Weird. Maybe your .pdf got corrupted and dropped a number of pages between the Worldgen fillform and the weapons page. I also checked the MasterText Old file (a previous draft of T5 on the CD-ROM) because they have some weapons stats in with the pages of gun drawings. Maybe Marc Miller set up some ready-to-go Maker examples as an Easter-egg hunt on the CD-ROM?

...That would be awesome!

There is a main .pdf file MasterText, but there are smaller files sectioned for ease of loading from the on-screen CD-ROM menu. Could the Worldgen fillform page H2 have been corrupted from within that file? I didn't notice, since even my smartphone handles the full T5 book pdf-file with no problems so I haven't gone over the others in detail.

Last edited:
Back