• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Any possibility of T20 being updated?

I was hoping that the Gateway sector would have some more adventures. There were a lot of "seeds" that MJD planted in GtD that weren't expanded upon. It's my favorite Traveller supplement.

It has a problem from a chronicler's point of view, though. Many of those hooks are awkward at best in the era of T20, which is a century prior to the CT/MT/GT/MGT era of the 1100s. As a book for the 1100s, it works a bit better.

My specific beef is in Gateway, with the characterization of the Lords of Thunder next door in Lure. They were described as a looming threat in their original appearance in MTJ4, a century and a half later. While describing them in some kind of static posture of threat works for some things, the Lords of Thunder are a new feature on the starscape, only having been founded in 880. If they are a looming threat to Gateway in 1124, they are probably a lot smaller in 990. When the K'kree decide to move, they *move*. They aren't going to sit off the border of a half-conquered Human state and sneer menacingly for a century.

Back