• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Armor & Damage

Here is my delima, How do you register armor damage on small vehicles and body armor? On the ship, you simple lower the armor rating, then the stuctural rating, when it is hit. I have seen this in most of the versions of Traveller, but I have not seen how you would reduce the ratings on personal armour.

Your suggestions will be greatly appreaciated.

Here is my delima, How do you register armor damage on small vehicles and body armor? On the ship, you simple lower the armor rating, then the stuctural rating, when it is hit. I have seen this in most of the versions of Traveller, but I have not seen how you would reduce the ratings on personal armour.

Your suggestions will be greatly appreaciated.

My first suggestion would be if the weapon damage rating is equal to or greater than twice the armour rating then lower the armour rating by one, three times lower by two etc.

My first suggestion would be if the weapon damage rating is equal to or greater than twice the armour rating then lower the armour rating by one, three times lower by two etc.

Generally, when the armor is penetrated, the insides of the vehicle/armor are destroyed, and there's not much point in the armor itself taking damage.

It wouldn't be unreasonable to give a suit of armor a number of hit points, and treat it like a character. It gets to half damage, and it's not in good condition. It gets to full damage, and it's basically useless (falling apart, or no longer powered, or whatever). It's protection versus being damaged would probably be the same as a regular character, wearing a suit of that armor.

Sounds a little goofy, I'm sure.

A similar concept might work for vehicles' armor.

Unless I'm totally missing the point of your question....

Generally, when the armor is penetrated, the insides of the vehicle/armor are destroyed, and there's not much point in the armor itself taking damage.

It wouldn't be unreasonable to give a suit of armor a number of hit points, and treat it like a character. It gets to half damage, and it's not in good condition. It gets to full damage, and it's basically useless (falling apart, or no longer powered, or whatever). It's protection versus being damaged would probably be the same as a regular character, wearing a suit of that armor.

Sounds a little goofy, I'm sure.

A similar concept might work for vehicles' armor.

Unless I'm totally missing the point of your question....

I think you got it pretty good.

I just had noted that in starship combat every time the ship is hit, a number of armor points are removed according to the waepon that hit it, but I hadn't seen such a mechanism for smaller vehicles and bodyarmor.

I think you got it pretty good.

I just had noted that in starship combat every time the ship is hit, a number of armor points are removed according to the waepon that hit it, but I hadn't seen such a mechanism for smaller vehicles and bodyarmor.

Back