• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

TNE Only: Expanded creature creation?

TheDark

SOC-11
Has anyone done any work on expanding the animal creation tables? As written in the core rules, the table tops out at 44,000 kilograms, but blue whales can be 180,000 kilograms. I'm sure I could expand it with some time looking at the existing tables and playing around with modifiers, but I figured I'd ask if someone else has already done that so I don't have to. :D

T20 adds one more, but uses a different scaling.

Cryton also has worked on extending it for MGT, but I don't know if he ever finalized that, and I know it's not in print.

T20 adds one more, but uses a different scaling.

Cryton also has worked on extending it for MGT, but I don't know if he ever finalized that, and I know it's not in print.

So many ways of rolling the dice to determine hit, miss, and damage. I for one, don't like to learn a new set of rules for each additional setting. I like Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 so I like T20. Seems to me that The New Era should have been a T20 setting, why else would you want a set of rules that were similar to Dungeons & Dragons? The New Era is a post apocalyptic Interstellar setting, and with T20, you can start of playing a bunch of barbarians finding artifacts of an Interstellar civilization and using them as if magic weapons, and as your characters advance in levels, they gain new and better technology.

So many ways of rolling the dice to determine hit, miss, and damage. I for one, don't like to learn a new set of rules for each additional setting. I like Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 so I like T20. Seems to me that The New Era should have been a T20 setting, why else would you want a set of rules that were similar to Dungeons & Dragons? The New Era is a post apocalyptic Interstellar setting, and with T20, you can start of playing a bunch of barbarians finding artifacts of an Interstellar civilization and using them as if magic weapons, and as your characters advance in levels, they gain new and better technology.

When T20 was in development...
  • The current edition of Traveller was Traveller 4th Edition, aka Marc Miller's Traveller. There was also GURPS Traveller ongoing.
  • The board here was largely focused on either T4 or CT; MegaT fans like me were discouraged by certain (now gone) fans.
  • The board polls made it dreadfully clear that Classic was the preferred era.
  • Hunter, while not hating it, didn't seem very interested in TNE.
  • Marc was working on T5, and had decided to do away with the wildly unpopular with prior fans Virus setting... by advancing the timeline to where it was irrelevant

Many fans of TNE as a ruleset also hated the virus setting. Circa 2000, I liked TNE rules... but hated the post 1116 OTU.

So, doing T20 as a TNE core setting? MJD later expanded T20 to do a post TNE era, which Marc has said is canon. Look for the 1248 books

Back