• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

General Has anyone done any Traveller art with the AI tools out there?

I tried Night Cafe, and was disappointed to see you had to earn (or buy) credits to do basic work in trying it out.
Still,
I gave it the prompt "a massive and streamlined starship designed to transport and deliver troops to a world surface, with many open and closed bays for shuttles"

This is the best of what I got....I am guessing their AI engine has no idea what "streamlined" means. Still, it is an interesting design idea since massive carriers are not meant to enter a gravity well.
1685068692070.png

I've done several with MidJourney for my IISS Adventures group on Discord/Roll20. Here's an aerial view of Strend (Menorial/Trojan Reach 0505)
at night, and from orbit. The girl is a Strend cyborg. The Mini-dragon is a 3 kg pouncer on Allemagne (Menorial/Trojan Reach 0503).

Attachments

• Micah_Janus_worldwide_city_8k_photographic_Scifi_futurescape_cd17edec-4d51-446c-aeb9-c76cc8fa2...png
    Micah_Janus_worldwide_city_8k_photographic_Scifi_futurescape_cd17edec-4d51-446c-aeb9-c76cc8fa2...png
    1 MB · Views: 22
  • StrendFromSpace02.png
    StrendFromSpace02.png
    362.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Briget.png
    Briget.png
    119.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Mini-dragon.png
    Mini-dragon.png
    468 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
A couple more from that campaign; The abandoned Burgundy Starport on Allemagne, a giant sea reptile, a reptilian fang-rat, and a sea reptile skull on the beach. These were with the v4 version, v5.1 is out now and does even better I think. I do not call this Art - this is prompted AI generated images. What Mag³ does is Art!

Attachments

• reptillian_rat.jpg
    reptillian_rat.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Cecil.png
    Cecil.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • Burgundy_Starport.png
    Burgundy_Starport.png
    1,004.2 KB · Views: 19
  • dead_Beached_alien_sea_monster_skull.png
    dead_Beached_alien_sea_monster_skull.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
A couple more silly ones. I asked for reptilian animals drinking water at a stream, not sure where they keep their drinking glasses. I can't remember what the prompt was for the 2 truckers getting a photo taken with the alien sea monster but it makes me laugh.

Attachments

• drinkatstream.png
    drinkatstream.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • Cecil.png
    Cecil.png
    265.5 KB · Views: 25
I have. I use it to make character portraits for my players and images for my blog.
This is my character, Dr. Voss:
image.png

savage man /lion hybrid with fangs, thick coat of rich orange-red fur, and large pointed ears, scifi armor, scarred veteran, the human-looking eyes are round, with yellow pupils. The nose is broad and flattened; their sense of smell is acute. A substantial cranial bulge renders the overall shape of the head nearly triangular
Fantastic! Which AI did you use?

Back