• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

T20 Only: Help missing file

PVernon

SOC-13
Peer of the Realm
Knight
Hello all. I have a "small" problem. Twenty years ago I got permission from Hunter to use a piece of clip art from the T20 playtest rules. I lost the clipart and I have lost the playtest rules. The piece that I need is at the top of page 156. Does any one still have a copy? I need the original file and name so that I can open the deckplan drawing file. Which currently crashes when I try to open it. Thank you

Well, what format is the file in? Do you know the file name? Can you rename "tomato.png" to "missing_piece.png" (or whatever) and load that? You'll get a tomato, but at least you can load the file.

If nothing else, someone with the digital version could clip a screenshot of it.

No clue what the file name is/was and I can't check because the deckplan file will not open. Other wise I could dig into the drawing file's meta data and get it and do as you suggested. It would be so much simpler if it would open rather than the instantaneous FastCad error. :(

Hello all. I have a "small" problem. Twenty years ago I got permission from Hunter to use a piece of clip art from the T20 playtest rules. I lost the clipart and I have lost the playtest rules. The piece that I need is at the top of page 156. Does any one still have a copy? I need the original file and name so that I can open the deckplan drawing file. Which currently crashes when I try to open it. Thank you
The only draft on my currently accessible hardware is T20 MS 22; it has 3 pieces of art, total - the big hex/small subhexes illo, the firing arcs, and a big red X placeholder on the World Map form for the map. ISTR MS 24 was the final...

Do you have a unix system handy?

You can run the "strings" command against the file, and it spits out what it thinks looks like text (like messages and filenames).

Or if you have a hex/ascii dump utility, you can view the file that way and scan it by hand.

Interesting! I did not think of anything along those lines. It has been along time since I did that type of work. Maybe?
Good idea. We will see.

Back