• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

(hypothetical) What would you ask Dave Nilsen?

Is the EW explained in any of the TNE books? I also got those in pdf.
Not really, just that there was the dream, I mean maybe, though that is basically what I remember, and a vague idea it was moving across the Zhodani Consulate. There are novels too, one is "The Dream of Chaos" though I don't know if it is about the EW. Interestingly enough John Zeleznik just posted in the sfrpg group on facebook the original drawing for the TNE cover he submitted to GDW. I posted about the woman in black just now. I wonder if it was his idea, or someone else's like Dave's.

Not really, just that there was the dream, I mean maybe, though that is basically what I remember, and a vague idea it was moving across the Zhodani Consulate. There are novels too, one is "The Dream of Chaos" though I don't know if it is about the EW. Interestingly enough John Zeleznik just posted in the sfrpg group on facebook the original drawing for the TNE cover he submitted to GDW. I posted about the woman in black just now. I wonder if it was his idea, or someone else's like Dave's.

Dave Nilsen described the vision as perceived as a sort of "pregnant moment", and also noted that the Dream was different depending on species / race / culture, but with a similar theme. Vargr might see a large Vargr female nursing many pups, the Zhodani would see the same image as the Imperials, but the "Staff" would in fact be that Ancient Artifact that led them to undertake the Core Expeditions in the first place, etc.

Dave Nilsen described the vision as perceived as a sort of "pregnant moment", and also noted that the Dream was different depending on species / race / culture, but with a similar theme. Vargr might see a large Vargr female nursing many pups, the Zhodani would see the same image as the Imperials, but the "Staff" would in fact be that Ancient Artifact that led them to undertake the Core Expeditions in the first place, etc.
John Zeleznik just hearted the question on facebook, so I suppose probably it was Dave's vision of whatever it should be, like you say.

John Zeleznik just hearted the question on facebook, so I suppose probably it was Dave's vision of whatever it should be, like you say.
I was wrong, he said GDW didn't give any specifics, only created the cover from his imagination, and had not read the game.

She is why it is known as the "Empress Wave" to the Imperials who know about it. To those who survived it without that bit of knowledge, it was just The Wave.
If it were just making up whatever for the picture, I'd probably do something like the Zhodani "witch queen" that could influence of control people's minds like the Mule in Foundation, maybe steal a bit from Tolkein's Witch King of Angmar. Making everyone psionic is a bit meh.

It wasn't just going to make everyone psionic.

It was also going to allow for communication with beings that exist in the jump/psionic dimensions. And possession by the same...

Back