• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Looking for a Series or Campaign.

rosswinn

SOC-11
I am a 57 year old Traveller enthusiast. I have loved the game since I got my first set in 1977. I'd love to find a Series or Campaign that I can join. I'm in Pinellas Park FL (33781) and finding a group of real live players is probably not in the cards. I'd like to find a game online. Meet, Zoom, or FaceTime would be best. I'd love to play the latest version of the rules but beggars can't be choosers. I bring a wide experience with the source material, SF, and RPGs. I hope to hear from you soon.
My email is ross.winn@gmail.com

Been tempted for a while to run-GM a game. 3-5 players ideal.
I was thinking Mongoose 2nd ed rules... Interested? looking for those old LBB Traveller geezer out there...
let me know if i should get my old campaign dusted off.
P.S. i'm mountain time zone...likely available weekdays after 6pm (8est), but we can discuss...

On a little vacation now so I don’t have my notes in front of me. But anyway, basically…

with out giving too much away.
1) Standard Imperium setting (Deneb or Spinward March starting)
2) Year is right after the fifth frontier war (1113ish). Although, I may pull it back to after the fourth frontier war (1090ish). it really doesn’t matter too much, just a non-war time and not too far from the 1100's
3) Allow any character types except pirate or barbarian...i feel pirates are thier own thing and wouldn’t mix well. And, just never liked the barbarian char type as a traveller. i like 2d6 per stat, then take a d6 points and add to any stats in any amount...but that can be negotiated.
4) One big canon change for my game: my jumps take only 12-48hrs (typical 24hrs) to complete (based on some astro-nav skill etc.) I need to speed up the rate of travel a bit. Hope that's not a deal breaker!
5) Some other minor things on SocStanding 12+ are honorary titles and scouts not getting ownership of ships (they get more like a timeshare on a ship)
6) not super-rules lawyer type GM… I like the story and flow more caring what the reload time of a Gauss rifle is exactly.
7) mongoose 2nd rules.

that's off the top of my head…

the story is more of a 30-40% sandbox where you get to go where you like trade/cause mayhem/explorer/be murder-space-hobos and the other 60-70% are missions that needs to be done by your Main Patron. A ship will be provided by your patron once we yada-yada how all the players meet and know the Patron. (actually, please don't be murder-space-hobos too much LOL),

also, GM before but not for some years. Played online with virtual tables etc, but havent GMed online before...so, there may be some tech level issues at the outset...but, as long as audio works i think we'll be 80% fine

Last edited:
Is this possible campaign going active? If so, are you still open for joining? I played Traveller in the 1970's and 80's with the classic boxed set. Was out of traveller for decades. Recently picked up the Mongoose 2E bundle on Humble. And would love to get back into this great game.

I'm currently running a game here...https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/viewforum.php?f=1434

It's up and running but is only about 20mins in, so newbies are still welcome.

It's set in the Bowman System (District 268) and has kicked off with the party still as disparate* individuals performing in/working for/securing a gig on Koenig's rock as the gravity fails, and other things start to go wrong.

*Maybe that should be desperate?

Still not quite sure I'm sufficiently settled back in at school after my 3-year hiatus to resume my PbP. (Boughene Station Blues and its temporary -- and now finished -- fast-forward Rangent visit).

I could be persuaded though, if there's interest.

Back