• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Looking for Striker Stats for the ATV

infojunky

SOC-14 1K
Peer of the Realm
Ok, I think the Stats for the ATV, Air/raft and the like were done for Striker. But they aren't in the Striker book, so do they exist and where?

Look in MT for vehicles that are close enough? The systems are similar.

This system is rather space efficient, the resulting vehicles can be a lot more capable than most editions...

Look in MT for vehicles that are close enough? The systems are similar.
That is what I figured I would have to do....

Which is a point in MT's favor, they stated out all the classic vehicles. Badly, but they did it. Vehicle Mass is the issue lot of silly vehicle weights, but that was inherited from Striker.

A cheap and cheerful Striker air/raft could be something like:
Skärmavbild 2023-01-14 kl. 15.40.png
1 Dt, empty mass about 6 tonnes, loaded 12.4 tonnes.
4 seats + 6 tonnes cargo.
Cr 250 000

Open-topped at 500 km/h would be exiting!

Basic wheeled wheeled ATV:
Skärmavbild 2023-01-14 kl. 16.15.png
3.5 Dt, 20 tonnes lightly loaded.
Basic configuration 16 seats + 1 m3 cargo.
Can move at 28 tonnes at speeds of 95 / 28 km/h, above that off-road speed craters.
Cheap at Cr 20 000, but a severe gas-guzzler at about 0.2 m3 = 200 l ≈ 50 gallons an hour of hydrocarbons.

Last edited:
With a minimum TL9 fusion power plant (~3000 HP) it would be quite sprightly:Skärmavbild 2023-01-14 kl. 16.41.png
At 16 tonnes it would do 230 km/h on the road and 70 km/h off-road.
Price would go up to Cr 210 000, but fuel consumption would be 500 l per week ≈ 3 l per hour of LHyd.

Do what I do- design off the MgT2 vehicle design, extrapolate the armor value, subtract MgT2 weapons and slap in Striker weapons. Takes less time then searching for the stuff, gives you a fast system for an era of one-off spec your own vehicles.

Horror, noooo...

In that case, you can just as well extrapolate existing CT design without any system at all. Just make shit up, the simplest and fastest system imaginable. The results might be a bit random, of course...
Not like Striker isn’t making shit up. One very simple reality check, jet engines per TL, should be doubling of thrust per ton per TL, instead incremental.

Not like Striker isn’t making shit up.
Agreed, of course.

I just don't like the MgT2 vehicle system, it too simplified and random.

A system like Striker or MT at least gives somewhat consistent results.

Just making shit up tends to give rather inconsistent results, especially if players are involved...

It's one reason I'm exploring cheap five tonne spacecraft.

Speed is close to infinite, whatever infinite is in an atmosphere.

In that case, you can just as well extrapolate existing CT design without any system at all. Just make shit up, the simplest and fastest system imaginable. The results might be a bit random, of course...
Honestly this mostly what I do for games, just was looking for some base lines to ponder from.

Honestly this mostly what I do for games, just was looking for some base lines to ponder from.
It's what we all do for almost everything but perhaps spacecraft.

Thinking for more than a minute, the defining characteristic for small Striker craft is the minimum 1 m3 power plant. The choice is either a cheap but gas-guzzling combustion engine, or an expensive, heavy fusion plant that runs on barely anything.

So, designing around that power plant we can get:
Heavy air/raft (enclosed):
2.5 Dt (fits two by three squares comfortably), 7.5 tonnes empty, max 17.5 tonnes loaded.
6 seats + 20 m3 (up to 10 tonnes) of cargo.
Top speed of 120 km/h fully loaded, and cruises at over 1 000 km/h empty.
Fuel for a week, refuel from the any spacecraft.
Plenty of space and mass capability for customisation.
Cr 250 000 (cost is basically power plant + grav modules, the vehicle is thrown in for free...)
Skärmavbild 2023-01-15 kl. 14.01.png

Compact speeder mini-van:
1 Dt (fits two by two squares very comfortably), 6.4 tonnes empty, max 8 tonnes loaded.
4 seats + 1.3 m3 (up to 1.6 tonnes) of cargo.
Top speed of 2000 km/h empty, and 1500 km/h fully loaded.
Fuel for over a week, so range up to 300 000 km.
Cr 250 000
Skärmavbild 2023-01-15 kl. 14.20.png

At TL-15 we get a lot more capability for only a little more money:

Grav car:
Car sized, 4 seats, 1 m3 cargo.
Top speed 4000 km/h, cruise at 3000 km/h, fuel for a few days.
Even thin car skin gives some armour protection against small arms.
Cr 340 000
Skärmavbild 2023-01-15 kl. 14.42.png

The Heavy Air/Raft from above becomes more capable at TL-15:
Heavy air/raft (enclosed):
2.5 Dt (fits two by three squares comfortably), 8.5 tonnes empty, max 18.5 tonnes loaded.
6 seats + 19 m3 (up to 10 tonnes) of cargo.
Top speed of 2 000 km/h fully loaded, and 4 000 km/h empty.
Fuel for a few days, refuel from the any spacecraft.
Plenty of space and mass capability for customisation.
Cr 350 000 (cost is basically power plant + grav modules, the vehicle is thrown in for free...)
Skärmavbild 2023-01-15 kl. 14.59.png

That was reasonable, but what do we get at the other end of the scale?

Take what is basically the drives of a Scout (TL-9, 500 MW) and we get:

Behemoth:
160 Dt (fits the cargo hold of a Subbie).
500 tonnes empty + 140 Dt (2000 m3, 2000 tonnes) cargo.
1000 km/h loaded, 4000 km/h empty.
MCr 27.
Skärmavbild 2023-01-15 kl. 15.17.png

Ok, you hooked me, busy trying to figure electric vehicles...

Some Notes though, Honestly NOE speed should be based on the Avionics not a fraction of max speed. Transmissions as presented are wonky for Electric/hybrid vehicles. The quick fix is Transmission power should be based on the fraction of power available to the drive systems rather whole power plant output, This is for electric drive vehicles,

Ok, Air/Rafts, well all grav vehicles one crew station or two? Thinking common aircraft setups...

Back