• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Mongoose 1 on CD?

Spinward Scout

SOC-14 5K
Baron
Is Mongoose Traveller v.1 going on CD any time that we know of?

I'd love to get all of that.

And conversion Rules to v2.

There was one brief moment when 2e launched when prices for 1e cratered on ebay. I picked up two extra core books to have at the table, and a couple of random supplements I didn't already have, but should have looked harder for more adventures.

Then ebay prices went back up closer to retail pretty quickly, and have stayed up every time I've checked. I assume that means 1e is still getting played, or the supplements/adventures used in 2e. But its also the case that ebay sellers are more canny, more willing to list them for longer, and they're not letting books go for cheap when they see what the other listed rates are.

I guess that doesn't help you at all, really. Just making conversation, and indirectly backing Condottierre's point - they probably do have a trickle of residual sales.

Also, there are youngsters in the Mongoose offices who will fall about laughing on the floor if I suggest using CDs. I confused them enough when I took a Commodore VIC-20 in one day...

They love the Sinclair C-5 though, so go figure...
I had to explain floppy disks to my zoomer colleagues when the Japanese education ministry sent a bunch over for a project we were working on with them…

That said here in Korea there is still a thriving market for CDs for the older generation of CEOs and senior government types.

That said here in Korea there is still a thriving market for CDs
Its funny. Today, for example, I don't know how to share music with someone.

Back in the day you'd buy the album, 8-track, cassette, or CD, put a bow on it and give it to them.

But you can't really do that today. Mind I haven't tried, but if I wanted to send music to my brother bought from Amazon, I have no idea how he would get it. He doesn't have CD player. Music doesn't ship on USB drives (I don't think), and I don't know how he's get it on his phone anyway.

I guess I just have to send a gift card and say "Buy this album, you'll like it!".

Back in the day you'd buy the album, 8-track, cassette, or CD, put a bow on it and give it to them.

But you can't really do that today. Mind I haven't tried, but if I wanted to send music to my brother bought from Amazon, I have no idea how he would get it. He doesn't have CD player. Music doesn't ship on USB drives (I don't think), and I don't know how he's get it on his phone anyway.

I guess I just have to send a gift card and say "Buy this album, you'll like it!".
I just send the YouTube link. I think the digital distribution services like Amazon Play, iTunes and Spotify all have gift options but I’m not really a music guy.

I’ll ask the zoomers at work tomorrow.

well, I used punch cards in college...
High school, for me. Registration. Pick up the correct section's card (only as many as seats were punched), and take your stack to the registrar. I don't miss it.

THe again, in 1993, I worked UAA registration... we were using IBM 5150's with 10-b-2 networking and TN3270 protocol to connect to a database front end. If anything, it was even LESS pleasant than arena and punchcards....

Analog loophole. Stereo recorder off the audio output, save in an appropriate file type.

Or send a link (YT or whatever). Seems weird in retrospect, though.

Punch Cards, I still have my decks from college. We also used the collect the cards and go to the register for class assignments. Worked really well, as I remember it, 50 years ago.

Back