• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

The Traveller Book cover art

I’m trying to recreate the book jacket for The Traveller Book, since the POD doesn’t have one, and a lot of older copies are falling apart. Is there someplace I can get the wraparound image used? I have the PDF off the CD-ROM and can rip the front and back image out of the pdf. But it looks like physical copies had the image completely wrap around.

I’m trying to recreate the book jacket for The Traveller Book, since the POD doesn’t have one, and a lot of older copies are falling apart. Is there someplace I can get the wraparound image used? I have the PDF off the CD-ROM and can rip the front and back image out of the pdf. But it looks like physical copies had the image completely wrap around.
As I recall, the actual painting was sold as part of a kickstarter. So someone should have it.

What they're looking for is the 1/2" of image on the binding. Obviously, they'd love a simple image of the entire painting. But the front and back, being wrap around, elide the 1/2" that's on the actual binding of the book.

I wonder if we scanned one and cleaned it up with some photo app or other could we persuade Marc to make it available as pod on drive thru?

I emailed Marc and asked if he might have a scan. I told him when it was done, I'd like to give it to him to make available on his website and on DTRPG.

Redoing the text is pretty easy and will make for a crisp and clean text layout, vs a scan. I just need the artwork.

I emailed Marc and asked if he might have a scan. I told him when it was done, I'd like to give it to him to make available on his website and on DTRPG.

Redoing the text is pretty easy and will make for a crisp and clean text layout, vs a scan. I just need the artwork.
Which is why I brought up the painting. It’s very likely he doesn’t have it anymore.

Ok, folks here is a beta of what I have:

ds1Vwqb.jpg

Still need to adjust spacing and clean a few things up. I had a friend do some photoshop magic and recreate the spine. All the fonts are modern DTP fonts so they should scale nicely to any size.

I need to get the size just right, because large format printing is expensive, and I don't want people to waste their money and find out it doesn't fit.

The final product will be a series of PDFs and you can pick which one you want to print. I would also like to give this to Marc Miller, so he can include it with the DriveThruRPG PDF purchase.

Ok, folks here is a beta of what I have:
Sweet!

Here's some I found. The spine on mine is worse than these pics. You are very close. On the spine, the book name The Traveller Book is only in the black part of the artwork. Mark W. Miller's name is in white and smaller and in the dark part of the lower artwork.

Last edited:
I'd like to point out that I am not going for a "bit-perfect" recreation of the original dust jacket. That's going to be real tough, since I am using digital desktop publishing fonts, and what's on here the probably did on a letterpress machine.

I'm trying to get something that is reasonably close to the original with all the same text and art with a layout that close, but won't be a mm for mm match on spacing.

Back